Thompson Center coming back

Looking forward to seeing these again! I have several Encore pistol barrels and one rifle barrel. They're all shooters! Pic attached was a doe shot at 130 yards with 257 Roberts and 110gr AccuBond.

Attachments

• 20161121_094340.jpg
    20161121_094340.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 10
Looking forward to seeing these again! I have several Encore pistol barrels and one rifle barrel. They're all shooters! Pic attached was a doe shot at 130 yards with 257 Roberts and 110gr AccuBond.
Very nice. Is that Ol' Georgia Jim furniture?

JD338

The very first high-powered rifle cartridge I ever shot with was out of a 243 Contender pistol, and then the same round out of an Encore out to 400 yards. Also blew up a tree with tannerite with it
contenders were made in 243? never heard of that, thought they were just 223 sized rimless cases and rimmed cartridges.

I have two of the first version of the contender, a 30-30 and a 44 Magnum with the shot choke on the barrel. I never had them updated to work with newer barrels. I killed a few quail with the 44 and javelin and coyotes with the 30-30. Perhaps they would be able to update them.

I have a contender with several barrels and an encore with rifle and a 410 pistol and 338 pistol barrels. If I draw a cow tag anytime soon I might try that 338 federal on it.

I’m interested some. What do you got Patrick?
I can look tonight when I get home, but I believe it's a TC Contender, 35 Rem, Pachmayr stocks.
I picked it up several years ago because I have 35 Rem in a few Marlin 336s, but I have never shot it or scoped it.

Back