Those Were The Days

I’m using a lot more Ramshot powders, while they did go up in price, they are still within reason and usually available. I love how this administration tries to spin it “wages up 3%” but no mention of 8% inflation. Which I think is understated, we just paid $6.00 for 18 eggs. That’s well beyond 8%…a whole roasting hen is only $6.80, though ?????
My wife cut up the other day because the eggs had gone from $6.00/18 to $7.49/18. It’s unbelievable.

My wife cut up the other day because the eggs had gone from $6.00/18 to $7.49/18. It’s unbelievable.
I would post a like to your price of eggs...but I don't think much of the price..so, Im gonna agree with you! This is out of control! I paid 5.20 for diesel after work today. God help us all.

I would post a like to your price of eggs...but I don't think much of the price..so, Im gonna agree with you! This is out of control! I paid 5.20 for diesel after work today. God help us all.
$5.20 . We were paying $6.29. It's at $5.69 no.

That's one thing we have it easy with. Have had free range chickens for years. Currently have 9 hens, 1 rooster. Average 7 eggs a day.

Usually is 3 to 4 dozen eggs in the refrigerator. Right now there's more than 4. Between breakfast and what my wife uses in cooking/baking, we go through some eggs, but not that many. Give away a dozen or 2 every couple weeks.

Here is current pricing for these .358 bullets, last box I bought back in 2014 I got them for $27.95 is tag on box! What on earth is going on?Screenshot_20230103-044543.png

IMG_20230104_092844.jpgHere are primers bought the same day I bought the 250gr Speers .
I know I was buying primers then when I had a Hazmat order for $25 per thousand...... 😱

just finished up a can of IMR4350 was marked 8.95
YGL9YzL.jpg

I get eggs for free, buddy raises layers for the hatchery, I get all the double yolks I want just walk in and help myself.

I understand that wages were lower in those halcyon days of yore. However, the percentage of what was spent to support our habit was considerably less than the percentage spent now, if the components were available in the profusion once represented on the shelves of the LGS.

I found this coupon in a box of bullets when I first 20211017_203032.jpgstarted reloading. I couldn't bring myself to spend it. Maybe they should start putting them in boxes again to help offset the increased cost of their products.

I understand that wages were lower in those halcyon days of yore. However, the percentage of what was spent to support our habit was considerably less than the percentage spent now, if the components were available in the profusion once represented on the shelves of the LGS.
Damn right, every single thing has increased substantially since the government decided to just print TRILLIONS ( one million- million) dollars. Components have increased 200% to 300%.
No one's wages have increased anywhere near 50% much less 300%.

Everyone is much much poorer than we were 2 1/2 years ago!

Yep, the good ole days. The folks just getting into handloading will never believe us old timers. Fair prices, availability and 100 count boxes for big game bullets are sadly gone. My Dad taught his boys over 50 years ago and we're still at it.20230108_065701[1].jpg
20230102_104813[1].jpg20230108_073510[1].jpg

Last edited:
Back