Those who know please tell me?

I've never really had a problem with my Co-Ax or with the Forster dies. The system is my favourite, for sure. I adjusted very quickly to the wee nuances of the system. It does turn out good ammunition. Better than my RCBS or Redding system? Can't really say that, but the Forster is definitely my favourite.

Yes guys, I do already use RCBS comp. dies, also Redding micrometer seating dies. The RC doesn't really have the necessary room to accommodate longish cases as in .25-06/.270/.30-06 for bullet seating with the Redding seating die & there's no difference in either dies in respect of concentricity. Both perform well.

Much of the remainder is in resizing i.e. Case prep & f/l resizing.
I don't reload so much ammunition these days because I only use range time to check zero, the rest being shot when hunting. So with all rifles I use, maybe 200 rounds a year to reload max.
170 'ish tops on the range, the rest on live quarry.

Which when all's said & done is why I wonder how hard I want to scratch this itch!

As an alternative, I do thoroughly enjoy using my R.W. Hart arbor press. It's neck-size only, and uses Wilson dies, not conventional dies. But my goodness... The ammo it produces is really good.

Probably not a popular choice. I doubt there are more than a half-dozen people on this forum who use this type of press, but it's an excellent option. I only use mine for the .25-06, the .308 Win, and the .204 Ruger. Every other rifle cartridge is on the Rockchucker with Redding, RCBS, or Hornady dies.

Am quite fond of a little Lyman turret press Fotis sold me a few years ago, for most of my handgun ammo.

Regards, Guy

Now that's an interesting option Guy.
Getting an arbour press is without doubt a darn sight less expensive than the Co-ax and should I go this route, I reckon I'd the Wilson seating die would be my starting point.

That RW Hart is a good looking Arbor Press

I got a K&N which has a seating force dial on top. Guy's RW Hart looks more substantial but the K&N works

IMG_20170105_214745238_zpsbaa2byqq.jpg

Working on trying to stabilize seating force displayed on the dial and it will show you if you have variations in ID or brass hardness that effects your seating pressures

YouTube has some videos on Arbors

Can't find anyone in the UK selling the R W Hart press, the K&M is around $90 without the guage.
Harrell is available but more expensive & one that looks like a Sinclair, but isn't, mfr unknown.

First learned to use an arbor press, from a national BR champion. Great guy, and I don't do everything he did to prepare his cases. He'd take 20 - 30 minutes PER INDIVIDUAL CASE! But, he won national championships in Hunter Benchrest, so I guess it worked.

I remember the light bulb in my head going on and thinking "Oh, this is like a really nice version of the old Lee Loader dies." And it really is, but with more precision and flexibility. Very simple loading, and I have to admit I enjoy just loading quietly with the little arbor press. Very satisfying.

The nicely made Wilson dies make the arbor press a real pleasure to use, but of course standard dies can't be used, there's no place to screw them in.

Guy

I could well give the arbor press a whirl Guy.
It's a lot less dosh & I'd know very quickly if I have an improvement.
The Hart seems to be unavailable in the UK, so it's either a Harrell or K&M if I go that route.
Dies would have to be Wilson.

Much, much less expensive than a Co-ax.

Ok, so a Co-ax is $570 here in UK, + some other bits & bobs req'd.
I don't know but guess it'd not be so much better than my current RC press, which is solid, reliable and can produce very good ammunition. But, if I went Co-ax it would have to go!

The 'back burner' thought has been an arbor press & Guy's Hart looks good.
I don't get an option to buy one in the UK, so have looked at K&M & Harrell.
I like the Harrel better. It doesn't need bolts loosening to adjust height.

Neither requires me to get rid of my RC press & I'll be able to use the Wilson seating dies for my .25-06 & 7x57 (when I get it).
Oh, the Harrell is $130, so my wife gets a new dishwasher as well, so Brownie points for me!
Win, win! (y) (y) :grin:

I'll post photo's when it's on the bench.....

Back