Tikka T3 Superlite rifle at Cabela's

Dec 25, 2010
why does it seem that Tikka is being aloof about the exclusive deal they have made with Cabela's with the Tikka T3 Superlite rifle ? the Cabela's in Springfield OR has ONE in '06 and after handling it I must say that it looks and feels good - why does beretta have to be so secretive about it ? I cannot find so much as a comment on any of their websites - I want one in 308 and even the guys working the counter can't give an answer on "when" ....

I havn't heard of the Superlite. The Tikka T3 Light is pretty darn light already this ought to realy be something. What do you figure the 30-06 version weighed?
Thanks
Greg

5 lb 8 oz is what they are claiming and I think it's darn close to that - well balanced too - apparently only Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse will be selling them and the guy at Cabela's did say they would be offered in all cartridges eventually but I have no idea if that includes WSM or belted mags - I am on a mission now to get ahold of a 308 and I'm thinking a 280 Remington may rival the new Kimber 84L Montana 280 AI and for 400 - 500 less

I own one of the Cabela's exclusive T-3's in 30-06. It is a fine rifle in it's own right, shooting very well. I used it exclusively last year during our whitetail season here.

Greg, the Superlite has a fluted barrel which I suspect accounts for a large part of the weight difference. The Cabela's version is stainless/camo but Bass Pro Shops offers one in blue/black synthetic. I don't know what calibers BPS offers but the Cabela's version is made made in 270 Win, 30-06, and 300 Win Mag unless there have been additions since last year.

BCH, if you want a 308, I'd check with BPS as I think that would be your best shot. If you are set on a 308, and can't find/get a Superlite, I wouldn't stress too much. I have a regular Tikka T-3 and a Varmint both in 308 and both are fantastic rifles.

For what it's worth, the 30-06 Superlite has ample recoil, even with 125 gr bullets, so I shudder to think what the 300 Win Mag version would be like.

I tend to take much of what the counter folks say with a grain of salt. Some may know what they are talking about but, in my experience, many don't know anything except what the computer screen in front of them is indicating. In my opinion, too many will tell you what they think you want to hear. The reason companies will not often show exclusive items on their website is the retailer wants to be the sole source of info since they are paying for exclusivity. For example, Grice Wholesale often has limited edition runs of Remington rifles that will not be listed in any catalog.

Ron

backcountryhunter":38xycy21 said:
I want one in 308 and even the guys working the counter can't give an answer on "when" ....

Guys working the counter wont know that much. From what I've gathered from Beretta Australia, its an exclusive model made for the US market to specific buyers (Cabela's/Basspro). Not even if they asked nicely could Beretta Australia order one for me.
Cheers...
Con

Back