Time for a new electric scale...

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
I need a new electronic bench scale. Ac plug is a must. (Hate dealing with batteries)
Are there any made in USA present day?

My last one lasted me a 15 years at least. It was made in USA by Pact.
That ship has sailed.

Any recommendations thanks in advance!!!

Not sure of American made ones WSM, but these come pretty highly recommended.

I know Mike has one that has excellent accuracy as well but I can't recall the name.

I've liked my RCBS. When comparing it to my old balance beam and Pact they all read charges the same.

My 20+ year old PACT still works. And still have my almost 49 year old beam scale. Can’t believe the cash one has the shell out now.

I have never used an electronic scale to load ammo. I still use the same old Redding beam scale I bought way back when. I do own a Hornady electronic scale and use it very occasionally to weight "stuff" or when making larger adjustments to my powder thrower if I even needed to because I didn't record markings. I think I'm still living in a cave as I have never have been able to see the need to move from my beam scale for reloading. Keen to understand what advantages the electronic ones offer that warrant such an investment.

it depends what you are weighing . if you are planning to weigh primers you'll need a scale that shows 3 or 4 digits after the decimal point . if you're weighing powder , I think 2 places after the decimal is sufficient . are you going to trickle on the scale ? I posted a link to a good youtube video showing the difference between a magnetic force scale , and a strain gauge scale . this video will explain the differences and answer some questions . I use the A&D FX120I scale , it's a magnetic force scale . I'm very pleased with it . I don't weigh primers , or I'd have a more precise scale .

these guys were the best price on the fx120i scale

I need a new electronic bench scale. Ac plug is a must. (Hate dealing with batteries)
Are there any made in USA present day?

My last one lasted me a 15 years at least. It was made in USA by Pact.
That ship has sailed.

Any recommendations thanks in advance!!!
Budget???

it depends what you are weighing . if you are planning to weigh primers you'll need a scale that shows 3 or 4 digits after the decimal point . if you're weighing powder , I think 2 places after the decimal is sufficient . are you going to trickle on the scale ? I posted a link to a good youtube video showing the difference between a magnetic force scale , and a strain gauge scale . this video will explain the differences and answer some questions . I use the A&D FX120I scale , it's a magnetic force scale . I'm very pleased with it . I don't weigh primers , or I'd have a more precise scale .

these guys were the best price on the fx120i scale

I looked into this one...

It's made in South Korea.

That said It's rather bleak out there trying to find a usa made variety.

There is a company in Philthadelphia (i hate that town) I need to look into that deals in scales.

I have never used an electronic scale to load ammo. I still use the same old Redding beam scale I bought way back when. I do own a Hornady electronic scale and use it very occasionally to weight "stuff" or when making larger adjustments to my powder thrower if I even needed to because I didn't record markings. I think I'm still living in a cave as I have never have been able to see the need to move from my beam scale for reloading. Keen to understand what advantages the electronic ones offer that warrant such an investment.
Honestly...it's really a matter of preference.
Most of us here probably cut our teeth old school.

For me it's two fold...
accuracy and a time thing. I own a business and always trying to find time to which there's never enough of...🙄🙄
It definitely helps with that.

I use R17 in 300's but I don't shoot them as much as AR's, 10&15

Those I try and exclusively use ball powder to throw and go. Measuring every tenth one or so just to make sure we're still good.

The 300's...i throw the r17 shy of my target charge and trickle the rest in.
Electric is not a lot faster but still faster and over a session of 20, 50, 100 rounds, or a 1000...
It can really add up.

Honestly...it's really a matter of preference.
Most of us here probably cut our teeth old school.
Ok so you're using an auto dispenser opposed to just a digital scale? I have actually considered one of them (RCBS) but I'm still unsure how much quicker they are if anything. Like you my business takes a lot of time so if I can get a material saving in time then I'm in, though it sounds like you load in much greater batches than I do.

Seems to have good reviews for the budget minded. There also was a review on UR too.

For some reason the link takes you to home page. It’s found under the sale tab in the drop down menu.

Had a scare last night. I thought my 20+ year old Pact scale/dispenser was on the bring, but it was Operator Error. Anyways, it had me reading back comments and reviews about digital scale dispensers. I cannot afford they real nice ones out there. What is your expeirience/opinion of the entry level RCBS or Fanford Arsenal, or anything else in the lower price range for digital scale/dispenser combination?

Back