Today's Range Results

G

My best results so far developing the 165 load for my 30-06. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSC02835.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,841
Nice. H4350 is my favorite powder for the .30-06, and not at all bad in quite a few other cartridges as well. Looks like you're not only doing a fine job of loading, but also of shooting.

I'd hunt with that load any day.

Congrats!

Thanks everyone,

I had a load with RL17 that produced 2800 plus today, two shots were 3/4".
Also bought some 168 BT Bullets today and some Win LR Primers. Will give them a try later.

Don

RL 17 meters well. Today with 165 Ballistic tips I shot loads with three different Primers. Fed 210, CCI BR-2 & CCI 200. I had two loads produce in the 2800 plus range. One group was 1.50" the other was 3/4". I will play around with the latter one later. The H4350 load was awesome today.

Later I will try the Win LR Primers to see what differences it produces.

Don

Don

That is an outstanding group. First you need to use that exact combination for another 10 groups and see if it holds. If it does you have accomplished your objective. If you have left over powder you can send it to me. !!!!!! :grin:

Nice! What rifle and barrel length do you have. IMR4350 at 57.4 grs. produces 2940 fps in my #1B, but the barrel on that thing is 26". I was using CCI 200 primer's but now use Federal 210's. Great shooting.

Desert Fox":3shxb91t said:
POP":3shxb91t said:
Are you using 2 shot group as your standard?

Don was afraid that he might ruin an otherwise excellent group :grin: :grin:

All my rifles and loads are excellent 1 shot group shooters. :mrgreen:

JD338

Pop,
Stop it Pop, I feel like I'm getting chewed out! :lol: Two shot groups as a standard? No. I went through 6-different loads yesterday plus I had the 300 RUM also to shoot, the range was very busy as well. Two shots gave me a snap shot to qualify a load for further review. I have two loads now out of those results to work with. The one posted with H4350 and a RL17 load.

My 30-06 is a Remington 700 BDL 22" Factory Barrel. Trigger is set @ 3lbs.

JD that is hilarious! :)

Thanks for everyone's input.

Don

DON":3op7jy5u said:
Pop,
Stop it Pop, I feel like I'm getting chewed out! :lol: Two shot groups as a standard? No. I went through 6-different loads yesterday plus I had the 300 RUM also to shoot, the range was very busy as well. Two shots gave me a snap shot to qualify a load for further review. I have two loads now out of those results to work with. The one posted with H4350 and a RL17 load.

My 30-06 is a Remington 700 BDL 22" Factory Barrel. Trigger is set @ 3lbs.

JD that is hilarious! :)

Thanks for everyone's input.

Don

J/K man
cheerleader.gif

Don-
You give these guys an opening like that and they are on it faster than a wolf on an elk calf! :shock: Now me personally, I would never do that to a guy....... :p

DON,

3 shot groups give a nice average for both accuracy and chronograph results. A series of 3 shot groups will tell the story as to overall accuracy and performance.
Just remember 3 shot groups test the load, 5 shot groups test the shooter.

JD338

Thanks JD,
I know that is sound advise. Next range will be to put both loads I have to the test.

DON

Don, I am with you buddy! I am moving to 2 shot groups!!! J/K, but that is some good data to really get into the weeds with your load work. Scotty

Back