Trying to ketchup ?

HOGWILD338-378

Handloader
Aug 22, 2012
257 Lazermark new to me on the way :mrgreen:

Think 1100.00 was too much for a safe queen? I guess I will find out when it gets here :lol:

Looking at what we can see of it, the wood looks pretty primo for that stock. You will have to show us more pics when you receive the rifle. I like what I see so far!

Terry,

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing how she shoots.

JD338

Nice rifle great price! My 378 Bee went for 1800

These are certainly ornate. The cartridge is a desirable one, that's for certain. It does seem to be a good price, Terry.

Never had a scope installed and only 2 or 3 shots down the tube as the owner bought 2 rifles just like this one and this is the rifle that sat in the back of his safe! I like the different pattern vs the new Lazermarks! It's only about 10 years old and if needs refinishing I will go with a oil finish but really think it does not need it ? Was wanting an Accumark but I think I will be happy with this one! :mrgreen: thanks guys I will post some better pics as it was raining and inside a log cabin in the pic above and he only had a phone camera?

The .257 Wby is a peach of a cartridge, just terrific!

That rifle looks good! Show us how it shoots... I'm thinking it needs a big mulie or a pronghorn in front of it as a target this fall...

Guy

We have some huge speed goats here in NM but it seems they all stand behind private land fences for a reason :mrgreen: will have 6 preference point for Colorado Mule Deer this year and will be looking to hunt in GMU 55 next year :grin: i hope ! I need to get in the books really soon for NM & Co and get something going for sure !

Very nice Terry.. Time to break out the dies and get to crushing brass!

Consequently, Terry, it is impossible to ketchup (or catch up) to Fotis. About the time you would be within visual distance, he'd turn on the afterburners.

DrMike":3eoxopci said:
Consequently, Terry, it is impossible to ketchup (or catch up) to Fotis. About the time you would be within visual distance, he'd turn on the afterburners.
But this one will have him digging for for Jet fuel.
New in the box unfired 257 Wby Crown Custom

Attachments

• IMG_20130215_112023.jpg
    IMG_20130215_112023.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 612
Nice snag Terry!..looking forward to more pics when she's all scoped and ready to rock!

Lou

Trying :lol: probably not doing good enough but I am up to 7 now :grin: I agree Mike I would have needed to purchase them 2 or 3 at a time just to keep him insight :mrgreen: Lou between you and Sako Bavarian's I am distracted to,say the least and my those trigger ROCK !! really lookers as well! TD that is 1 fine looking rifle but those are for sure cabinet rifles but would be nice to look at them from my living room along with a couple more just like that one plus a handful of Cooper's and Sako's :mrgreen:

Yeah, no use for safe queen type rifles! No matter how pretty, they have to hunt!

Scotty my other BIL is the same with his hunting dog's if they do not hunt they gotta GO!! I used to know when he had a great squirrel dog as that dog would always get to sleep at his feet and they used to be like small border collies ! I tell you what I was thinking about doing was finding out how good my BIL's cousin became on carving on stocks as he was pretty good at it back in the early 70's and not sure if he is still doing this but if he is I might get him to do some work on a stock now that I have picked up some wood ! He used to be pretty darned got at it and hopefully he is still doing this as I know I can put my twist on a stock with my hand picked scene plus he used to refinish stocks as well by scrapping the old,off and adding about 30 coats of true oil ! Would not surprise me if he,retired from all work by now but does not hurt to check ! TD I have seen that picture somewhere ? Probably on one of Jamesion's links on the Nation?

I've posted that same pic on the Nation since it is such a beautiful and rare rifle since Weatherby has discontinued that model. I think I've posted it here before just to tease Fotis with it. I have various pics of it and it is in a local shop on display in a glass case. :grin:

Went to mailbox this am and something finally arrived :mrgreen:

I do not use them a bunch but having a Torel sling as old as this one is could not get much better unless it was the one with the elephant on it that goes anywhere from 200.00 to 300.00 bucks! This thing is like NIB ! Padding is like brand new and not flattened !! Very good pick up for 30.00 bucks!!

Rifle Day !! FedX has it and will pick it by COB today and just hope it's not in small pieces and I will get some new pics up once I get the safe queen rubbed off her :mrgreen:

Back