TTSX 185 va 210 in 338-06?

Honestly, unless one of those two TTSX bullet weights shoots markedly better than another out of your gun, take the one that gives you the highest velocity at the max range, 400 yards, you have specified in your post.

It's not a 338-06, but I've been shooting at 200 TTSX out of the 35 Whelen Ackley improved for as long as that bullet has been on the market, and the original X bullets before that. It does everything the heavier X bullets do, as well as anything the traditional 250 gr. cup and core bullets do. I have taken elk with the 200X, 225X, 250X as well as 250 Hornady spire point from the Whelen AI. The 200 TTSX is the holy grail of elk bullets in the Whelen class cartridges, IMO, velocity with good bc equates to an awesome combo.

Honestly, unless one of those two TTSX bullet weights shoots markedly better than another out of your gun, take the one that gives you the highest velocity at the max range, 400 yards, you have specified in your post.

It's not a 338-06, but I've been shooting at 200 TTSX out of the 35 Whelen Ackley improved for as long as that bullet has been on the market, and the original X bullets before that. It does everything the heavier X bullets do, as well as anything the traditional 250 gr. cup and core bullets do. I have taken elk with the 200X, 225X, 250X as well as 250 Hornady spire point from the Whelen AI. The 200 TTSX is the holy grail of elk bullets in the Whelen class cartridges, IMO, velocity with good bc equates to an awesome combo.
They sure are the easy button in the Whelen!

They sure are the easy button in the Whelen!
I never killed anything with the newer 200 TTSX, they shot as well as my older 200gr with the "secant Ogive". Those babies were real killers! I was amazed when they were as effective as the old 250X!

Hey Vince, I used the older 185 XLC in a 338WM at roughly 250yds on my farthest cow elk. Pass through, 2" exit. I have some 175 Hammers or I would try the 185 TTSX for sure.

I’m sorry you have been afflicted with a defective rifle. They mounted the bolt on the wrong side!

Other than that it’s a sweet looking rifle.

Vince

Guys:

Honestly do not overthink the light weight bullets in mono form. You do NOT need the heavies, unless you're OCD (like some of us rifle cranks and can't sleep at night thinking about it :D)

Seriously the animals can't tell the difference.

Back