Ugly Rifles?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Ok just for fun. :mrgreen:

What is your vote for the the ugliest hunting rifle? No AR/Minis etc.

BTW no one can get offended! That is the rule! :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: Ok,

IMHO: Most Savages, Blazers, Marlin X-7's Euro model CZ's, Berettas, Rem VTR's and most any rifle with a cheezy $1.49 black plastic stock or a $19.99 Wally World scope..

Just me....

Rod

Most Savages, Blazers, Marlin X-7's Euro model CZ's, Berettas, Rem VTR's and most any rifle with a cheezy $1.49 black plastic stock or a $19.99 Wally World scope.

Rod,

Tell us how you really feel!

nitis":1l002dl7 said:
788s are fugly but they shoot
We like our fugly 788 :twisted: Always thought the Mossberg bolt guns from the previous era were the ugliest. Those little plastic finger groove thingies were the cheesiest.

Hacked up military rifles. The one's that Bubba worked on with a hacksaw and an ax.

Savage Edge or what ever they are naming it this week.

Those Cheap O Remington model 7** something plastic rifles with the monkey metal receiver.

"BTW no one can get offended! That is the rule!"

I'm offended that I can't offend. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Oh well. :lol: :lol:

I have an FN Mauser that is a commercial model from FN. BY that, I mean FN made it and sold it, not something that was made for Sears or Monkey Wards (remember them?). The late jack O'Connor onc said, "Some custom rifles had staocks so ugly they would abort a lady crocodile." I've been known to steal that line more than once when talking about that rifle. A new stock would be a more than major improvement but "Old Ugly" shoot so darn well that I'm afarain changing anything on thet gun would ruin it's accuracy. FWIW, it's .270 Win. with the skinniest darn barrel, yet it thinks it's a bench rest rifle. (.50 to .75" groups with factory or handloads.) I guess pretty is as pretty does. :roll:
Paul B.

Blaser!

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig!

pix864772443.jpg

eck32.gif

Well, considering what some of my older 700s look like, the new ones I have are definitely less attractive. Gravel-blast finish, cheap and ugly stocks.

But just as a pure design, I would have to say the Savage Edge. Just can't like the awkward notch at the back of the bolt.

My vote goes for this ugly hi-point piece of garbage

Attachments

• 2010-10-14194407.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,427
Screaming

I think you may have won, and you have been here for such a short time!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Nagants and "AK"s. Blazers and Mossbergs aint my favorites but I'd not call them UGLY. A normal 10/22 qualifies as ugly but I have a friend who has a stainless one with a Manlicher stock that is handsome. Truthfully any rifle with walnut gets a plus from me. CL

Ugliest rifle... lets see.... let me put it this way...

The next time my wife catches me bringing home a rifle...... it's gonna get ugly!

No such thing as an ugly rifle!
Like women, some are just easier on the eye. :grin:

JD338

So many ugly rifles out there its hard to pick one...

Thinking the Mossberg 4x4 is about the epitome of ugly but the Savages are running a close race.

Anything sporting a mile and a half of tacticool rail is beyond redemption.

Songdog":57m2webf said:
Ugliest rifle... lets see.... let me put it this way...

The next time my wife catches me bringing home a rifle...... it's gonna get ugly!

Funny!

(just don't get caught!)

JD338":32jno7yb said:
No such thing as an ugly rifle!
Like women, some are just easier on the eye. :grin:

JD338

Pending on the amount of Jack Daniels.

Back