Varmint bullet fragility jug test? Has anyone posted this here?

Tons of comparisons on YouTube. As far as Nosler base retention goes, I personally only want that for "hunting" game.

I would cast a vote for the Remington PLHP bullets as they are the only bullet I've spun to disintegration in a 1/7 twist 223 barrel.
They hold together in a 1/9 twist barrel and are devastating on critters.

The Speer TNT pretty much detonates when it impacts game. The pieces I’ve found aren’t much more than course sand. I haven’t seen them for a good bit though.

I jug tested blitz kings, ballistic tips and Vmax. What I found was that the Vmax was the most fragile, the ballistic tip the least. The vmax didn't penetrate in to the second jug. The other 2 did, but in pieces.

I jug tested blitz kings, ballistic tips and Vmax. What I found was that the Vmax was the most fragile, the ballistic tip the least. The vmax didn't penetrate in to the second jug. The other 2 did, but in pieces.
I tested the .224 only as they form the bulk of varmit hunting. Shot from a .223 Rem BTW

I have done a little of that. What are you looking for LH?

I can say the Ballistic Tips are champs are retaining their little base compared other "varmint" bullets.
Yes, the ballistic tip base was in jug 2. Good coyote slug I have found!

Shot a lot of woodchucks with a 243 Win 70 gr BT.
Killed them dead near and far. The 70 gr BT held together pretty good compared to Hornady and Speer bullets of similar weights.

JD338

C
Shot a lot of woodchucks with a 243 Win 70 gr BT.
Killed them dead near and far. The 70 gr BT held together pretty good compared to Hornady and Speer bullets of similar weights.

JD338
Come to think of it, I did too. Had a Ruger #1 in 6MM. Sold it as prefer bolt guns.

300 grain SPBT Sierra GameKing from the 375 H&H on rockchuck for the win! ;)
LOL Guy. I shot a woodchuck last year with the Speer 270 gr SPBT out of my 375 H&H. Sorry, no bullet recovery.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20221010_180702973.jpg
    IMG_20221010_180702973.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Back