Vmax bullets are just not working!

The Vmax line of bullets is designed to open up rapidly and blow up in side with no or very little exit. It is a varmint bullet that is similar to there SXSP that is no longer made , they just changed the o give for a higher BC and inserted the Polly tip. That bullet shot into your jug at 250 yrds did exactly what it was designed to do and should not have been a surprise . I've killed dome where in the neighborhood of 30-40 coyotes over the last 3 years using the 75 gr and 58 gr Vmax exclusively, I found them a better offering then the 60 gr varminters I was previously using. I've had dramatic kills and some runners never had one completely elude me after being hit though. I have seen some cover some ground that look by the bullet placement should not have made 2 steps.
Currently testing some 80 gr GMX in the 243 but only have 1 kill so far a 300 yrd broadside shot .243 in and .5-.75 exit dropped right there.

Earle, you might consider the 80 grain Nosler BT. I used them for years in Utah with my .243 and my 6mm Rem and both killed coyotes to 400 yards, DRT!

Well I've gotten a couple with the 70BT and they were all DRT same with the 55BT in a 22-250. Both are dang near perfect. I did shoot a couple yotes with the 55 VMax outta a 223 and they did run about 40-50 yards before expiring.

Earle the only American city which is one day cruise for an American Navy ship, is Sitka or Juneau.

35 Whelen":178xob9v said:
Update................. Hard to believe that this administration could do so much damage to the firearms industry via ammo and components to make ammo but they most certainly have, I guess Nancy Pelosi and Hillary and Barrack must raise their glass and toast VICTORY.................... and say "we beat them at their own game without registration of the guns at all, we just took all the ammo away!

All I've read about this is that the firearms industry is enjoying profits never realized before. They've added production lines and hired more employees to handle the increased demand. Hate to say it but this admin has actually helped a portion of industry. Albeit, mistakenly so but I'll give them credit for a job well done. Kinda. Sorta. :grin:

Read 35 Whelen's third post, about one day's sailing from Seattle! Brian's, Don't get mad at me if you haven't read the posts before!

CatskillCrawler":1vhgftgz said:
35 Whelen":1vhgftgz said:
Update................. Hard to believe that this administration could do so much damage to the firearms industry via ammo and components to make ammo but they most certainly have, I guess Nancy Pelosi and Hillary and Barrack must raise their glass and toast VICTORY.................... and say "we beat them at their own game without registration of the guns at all, we just took all the ammo away!

All I've read about this is that the firearms industry is enjoying profits never realized before. They've added production lines and hired more employees to handle the increased demand. Hate to say it but this admin has actually helped a portion of industry. Albeit, mistakenly so but I'll give them credit for a job well done. Kinda. Sorta. :grin:

I am with you CC.. I believe there is going to be production coming through the roof's pretty quick. Around my parts, there is alot of powder coming back to the shelves.. Bullets should be catching up soon enough.

Oldtrader3":3uxme9gn said:
Read 35 Whelen's third post, about one day's sailing from Seattle! Brian's, Don't get mad at me if you haven't read the posts before!

Mad? What, me worry? ;-)

I have always used the Vmax bullets (58gr) but recently have just moved to the 70 gr Nosler BTs to buck the wind and give me that extra hundred yards or so in the field without costing me too much speed. I have shot several coyotes between the eyes with the 58 gr Vmax with no exit wounds which is nice. This last Winter was the first with the 70s and I had to take one in the ear at 200 yards and that bullet performed perfectly. Nice entrance - slight back blast, no exit, coyote laying in his tracks. The body shots with the 70s are performing just as nicely as the 58 gr Vmax loads. On a broadside body shot I am getting some peppering on the opposite side but nothing that needs a needle and thread. They also launch rock chucks into a nice little series of back flips.

6mm Ruger - 70 BT - 3400 fps

FLAT BOLT":2zvhk07e said:
I have always used the Vmax bullets (58gr) but recently have just moved to the 70 gr Nosler BTs to buck the wind and give me that extra hundred yards or so in the field without costing me too much speed. I have shot several coyotes between the eyes with the 58 gr Vmax with no exit wounds which is nice. This last Winter was the first with the 70s and I had to take one in the ear at 200 yards and that bullet performed perfectly. Nice entrance - slight back blast, no exit, coyote laying in his tracks. The body shots with the 70s are performing just as nicely as the 58 gr Vmax loads. On a broadside body shot I am getting some peppering on the opposite side but nothing that needs a needle and thread. They also launch rock chucks into a nice little series of back flips.

Nice, sounds like the 70BT is working out real well.

SJB358":1byo6wqo said:
FLAT BOLT":1byo6wqo said:

Nice, sounds like the 70BT is working out real well.

70gr BTs working for you? Wonder who beat you over the head with them :lol:

Back