Vortex Customer service A+!

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Couple of weeks ago I "scrounged" up a Mdl 70 Black Shadow in 7RM.
No glass on it , so I grabbed a 4x12x40 Bushnell Banner out of the back of the safe and went to the range.
I have had this scope for 20 years and it has been on many a rifle.
It's kinda fuzzy,pisspooor in low light but tracks perfectly.

After some load workup the rifle shot a 3/4 inch group off the bags with the first load I tried in it.(64 grs RL22 and a 160 AB)

Knowing I had a shooter that needed some glass I went back to Vortex and bought one of there Crossfire 3.5x10x40s.
I've got one of their 6x24x50 Crossfores that is absolutely fantastic.
Went back to the range,new scope mounted in the same rings and bases,boresighted and ready to go.

First odd thing,couldn't hit a 24x 24 target at 50 yards.
Finally found it shooting 18 inches right at 50.
Made a big adjustment,it got close.
Backed up to 100 and it shot 6inches right again.

Long story short I could not get it to zero.Every click adjustment resulted in a 1-2 inch POI change.

I sent in back to Vortex a week ago Friday.
Today Fed-Ex delivered a brand new scope with a note
"Unable to pinpoint exact problem with erector system.Enclosed is a new scope.Thanks for your patronage"

Pretty quick turn around and no questions asked,no BS involved.

I'll let ya know how it unfolds with the new one.

Howard

I'm very pleased to hear this about Vortex service. They advertise a lifetime warranty, and it is good to see this sort of report.

Excellent. Please keep us abreast of any new developments. My buddy was looking for a scope like that for his 300 Win Mag Savage Bull barrel sniper.

Nothing to report Pop.
Mounted the new scope they sent me back on the Mdl 70 and went to the range Saturday AM.
It tracks perfectly.From boresighted to zeroed in five rounds.

CameralandNY has got a smoking deal on the 4x12x40 Viper series right now.They are $249.00.

That sounds like a great scope. Wished they were sold locally so I could go and check one out! Scotty

I am really tempted to try one on my 204 Ruger varminter....................hmmmmmmmm

Good to hear about the excellent customer service from Vortex. We can add Vortex to the Good Guys list.

JD338

Thought I would add to this forum post with my own experience with Vortex.

Bought a new Tikka3 .300 WSM this year and needed a good scope. Was short on cash so I was looking for economy vs quality. As well, we were planning a hunt in a month so time was short. Found Vortex scopes and read all the reviews and was impressed so I ordered a 4x16x50 Crossfire and scope rings. Upon arrival, took it to Wholesale Sports and had it pro mounted and bore sigthed. Took it to the range the following day. After 20 shots I could not zero in the rifle at 100 yards. Figured, new rifle just needs to be broke in. Two days later with reloaded ammo. Tried the same process with the same result. Started to get real frustrated and my shooting partner told me that it sounded like a scope issue not a load issue. A week later went to the range again, again the same result. THis time, I tracked every shot and began to notice a pattern. Each shot was drifting further and further to the right. Called Vortex and they told me to ship the scope and they will replace it at no charge. Hmm. I was leaving in 10 days for my hunt and really needed to get this scope dialed in. They offer to ship a new scope ground delivery and no charge and send me a return ship label. I thought GREAT!. The new scope arrived two days prior to my hunt. When it arrived, the reticule light battery was already installed and I noticed a couple very small scratches on the tube. I thought, great they shipped me a remanufactured scope, I had no choice to mount and bore sight the scope because I was leaving soon. So, I took it to the range the following day and shot 4 rounds .878 at 200 yards. Thought, great we are in business. Shipped the old scope back. The hunt was not successful (my fault) but I blamed it on the new scope. (grin) Called Vortex back and they told me that they do not remanufacture scopes and they probably sent a demo model by mistake and they offered to send me a new scope to replace this one. Sure, I was happy about this agreement. Three days later the new scope arrived and they also sent me a new Vortex cammo ball cap and Vortex scope lense cleaning kit for all the trouble. Wow, sold me on the product. It doesnt end here though. Mounted and bore sighted this third scope and went to the range. Very happy with the result. On a subsequent visit I noticed that the bullets were drifting to the right again. Now, I have shot around 40 rounds through this rifle with this third scope. I started tracking each round on a new target, sure enough. Each shot caused the bullet to drift 1 inch to the right at 200 yards. About one mil or 4 clicks. Sooooo, I called Vortex back and spoke with Bryan once again. He was extremely sorry for the inconvenience and agreed that it sounded like a scope hardware issue. He offered up a free upgrade to a newer scope for all the trouble. They shipped me a 5.5x20x50 Viper scope in its place. It arrived last week. Its mounted and bore sigthed. Tomorrow I go to the range. Something tells me I wont be disappointed.

Vortex by far has the BEST customer service that I have ever experienced with ANY company before. No arguements, no blame just sorry for the troubles, here is your new scope! Gotta love them.

Sometimes tells me that a .300 WSM is just too much recoil for the Crossfire scopes.

I hope that one works out for you. Glad they are standing behind their product and taking care of customers. Scotty

Ok, had to share the final result. Recieved my replacement Scope and got it mounted and bore sighted. Took it out to the range and put it through its paces. I have shot around 50 loads since it was first installed and sighted. It holds true and is a much better scope then the original Crossfire. Had a chance to take it out to a 400 yard range this past weekend. It was snowing, had about a 12 mile an hour cross wind and we could just barely make out the steel plate at 400 yards. I believe its 12" round. First time I get to use this scope at this distance and at first glance, i was sold on the clarity. Adjusted for windage and elevation and fired. 1/2 second later you could hear the clear ring of steel. Fired off four more rounds with different bullets including the 165gr AB and SilverTip and hit the plate every time. Missing that huge muley earlier in the year at 400 yards with that crossfire really got my nerves up. Hitting this plate 5 of 5 times in the snow and wind just brought my confidence level back up. Way to go Vortex! Great customer service.

My advice, large caliber rifles need a higher quality scope. The .300 WSM was a bit much for the Crossfire but the Viper is perfect! NICE!

All that I've shot were very fine optical instruments. Good report, BalisticsNut. Thanks for sharing.

Back