Vortex Warranty

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I have a Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16 FFP scope that's mounted on a 7-08. The rifle took a tumble off my bench. Totally my fault, I had it sitting on the bipod too close to the edge, and I shoved some things out of my way and pushed it off, landing on the floor. The side parallax knob took the blow, along with a dent, and stoped working. I called Vortex to see about sending it in for repair. The rep said it was covered under warranty and will be fixed or replaced at no charge. I reaffirmed it was my fault knocking it off, and he said it doesn't matter, the VIP warranty covers it. He said the two things they see most is dropped from tree stand and backed over by ATV/truck and the warranty covers them. I called them today and he said it was replaced with a new scope and shipped out this morning. I feel much better about buying two of the discontinued SFP Diamondbacks when Midway had them on clearance for $199

I’ve had the pleasure of sending back scopes to multiple manufactures. Most will email you a return label and the return is on their dime.
I have a lot of faith in Vortex scopes , both of my big Weatherby’s wear them.

I once had a Leupold Range finder RX-1000i , The led readout quit and it would only readout on part of the display. Korth here in Canada and Leuopld USA would do nothing except sell me another unit at a reduced cost, if I sent them the old one. I said No Thanks and moved on.

I have had a few warranty dealings with Vortex and all have been Exceptional. I purchased the Ranger 1800 range finder after my Leupold experience and approximately 18 months later it wouldn't range. I sent it in with a simple note "Won't Range" and I had a new one in 12 days.
I then bought a Diamond Back HP 4x16x42 and when it arrived the side parallax knob was seized; I didn't even bother calling Cabelas about the problem, It went straight to Vortex with a note and in 2 weeks I had a New one in hand.

Then I purchased a Vortex Viper 4x12x40 in an auction and when I got it and mounted it I noticed when bore sighting it wasn't tracking properly so off it went with a note and 12 days later another Brand New one in my hand.

The Vortex VIP warranty is great if you need to use it: My 3 Vortex Vipers in 6.5x20x50 that I have had since Vortex first hit Canada years ago have been bullet proof with zero issues

EDIT; And might I add the reps that I spoke with on the phone were exceptional .

As well as I can remember, I have two first gen Vortex PSTs, a 4-16x and a 6-24x mounted on a heavy barrel .220 Swift. I've not needed the warranty yet, but that's comforting to hear all the satisfied people who have needed it.

When my buddy died this Christmas in a camper fire vortex replaced his spotter, three rifle scopes, a range finder, and a couple red dots. No questions asked, along with a very nice letter of condolence. Meant a lot to his sons.

The leupold vx5 that we sent in came back with a very generic “not covered under warranty “ response.

Spoke volumes to me.

Back