VX-6 3-18x44mm M1 Turret Upgrade

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
I sent my VX-6 back to Leupold earlier this week to have M1 style turrets installed.
Oh man, I can't wait for this as this is what the VX-6 was missing.
She will be back in 3 weeks and I will give it a full review.
VX-6%203-18x44mm%20M1%20Turrets.jpg

WindPlex%20reticle-Fire%20Dot.png

Having M1 turrets and the WindPlex reticle will make this a true long range scope on the 338 RUM.

JD338

That will be one sweet set up, JD. I had them installed on one target scope years ago and loved them. Unfortunately a buddy liked it better than I did when he pulled out his wallet. What are you going to be putting it on?

REDGREEN":1emec8ey said:
That will be one sweet set up, JD. I had them installed on one target scope years ago and loved them. Unfortunately a buddy liked it better than I did when he pulled out his wallet. What are you going to be putting it on?

RG,

She sits atop my crop duster, M700 LSS 338 RUM.
IMG_20150711_213730777.jpg

JD338

Cost is TBD but I think is around $200 for both dials.

JD338

The price for both Tactical dials is $165.00

JD338

They doing all they can to make the customer happy at that price. Congratulations on the upgrade, Jim.

Thank you Earle and Mike. I spoke with Leupold earlier today and they will have it completed and shipped back to me next week! I will give a full report when I get it back.

JD338

Welcome! Leupold wrote the book on Customer Service, in todays world of it taking forever for the simplest things.......
Its nice to know there are still some old fashioned companies like Leupold!

Years ago I had target turrets installed on a 4.5-14x Leupold. I think it was only about $135 then. Fast turn-around and they work great!

Guy

I too had M1 turrets put on a VX3 - 4.5x14 on my 300RUM. That is what I cut my teeth on for "Long Range" shooting. I was happy with the results. I did not perform a box test but had no issues with adjustments and return to zero for the few years I shot that rifle.

+1 for Leupold Customer Service and thier ability to "customize" scopes to our personal prefences.

Just got my VX6 3-18 with the zero lock CDS. I put it on my 28Nosler - perfect! The only thing I don't like about turrets/dials is that they don't lock. I've had bad experiences with dials moving while being carried or removed from cases. The new zero lock takes care of that. My current ZL only allows one turn but that'll take me to a 1000yds. They do have a 2 rotation zero lock that I might upgrade to - it's only 90$.
Scott

muleman":3d4vkg2k said:
Just got my VX6 3-18 with the zero lock CDS. I put it on my 28Nosler - perfect! The only thing I don't like about turrets/dials is that they don't lock. I've had bad experiences with dials moving while being carried or removed from cases. The new zero lock takes care of that. My current ZL only allows one turn but that'll take me to a 1000yds. They do have a 2 rotation zero lock that I might upgrade to - it's only 90$.
Scott

Might have to look into that for my VX6.

I took my VX6 off my 280AI and it is going back to Leupold this coming week :wink: it first has to go to the Canadian dealer and then sent to USA as they can not be repaired in Canada.
I believe that I am going to be having the reticle changed to the Windplex and it some $200.00 cheaper to get it done in at the factory than here in Canada :evil:.
I will let you know how this whole situation turns out as well.

Blessings,
Dan

I have verified mine to 400 yds, dead on.
I will shoot 600 and 800 yards in the next 2-3 weeks and be all set for crop damage hunting.

JD338

Back