VX-7 from LEUPOLD.. WHO HAS SEEN ONE

DIXIE

Beginner
Nov 12, 2006
ARE THEY AWESOME? I can get a new 2.5-10x45 for $1150 which is $250 less than MAP

I have lost interest in old design scopes like the loopy now that I can get a Zeiss Conquest.

The best prices on Conquests are at Cameraland.

Savage99":1o2hdowh said:
I have lost interest in old design scopes like the loopy now that I can get a Zeiss Conquest.

The best prices on Conquests are at Cameraland.

What is so old about Leupold scope designs? The Conquest doesn't look to be much different. Just curious about your statement.

My comments were relevant to the run of the mill scopes such as the current Leupold VX2's and VX3's and their older models as compared to the Zeiss Conquest line.

The Leupold VX-7 2.5-10 X 45 mm is an upscale scope by Leupold that has a 30mm body, much more weight, features and cost than usual Leupold.

The specific features that set a Conquest ahead of a regular Leupold may indeed be present in the VX-7 such as reticules that don't turn pink in to bright light and glare and haze present in Leupolds as compared to Conquests.

I do see that the 2.5-10 VX-7 has only 5.5" of mounting space between the front and rear ring of the scope mount. If your rifle is a long action then it might require extension rings or a one piece base. The old Zeiss Diatal scopes had short bodies like that also.

Once I actually used my first Conquest scope it was obvious to me that they had an edge over the old design Leupolds. Perhaps this VX-7 is indeed a supeior optic however at over a $grand and at almost 20oz its extreme in those areas.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... 5-10x45mm/

Back