VX-III vs Trijicon AccuPoint

Woodycreek

Handloader
Aug 2, 2007
Looking at getting a low powered scope for my DPMS 308. Trijicon AccuPoint 1.24-4x24 or Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 Illuminated Duplex?

Woodycreek

Trijicon is located in Wixom, MI, just outside of Detroit. They supply our military with a lot of scopes. I would think that Leupold has better glass.

JD338

I had a trijicon relfex II on my AR. It didn't have very much elevation adjustment, and I managed to strip the gears in it. Trijicon's customer was pretty good. They fixed the gears, and put in a new tritium reticle for free. I never even asked for the new reticle :grin: The only problem was the tritium reticle was never bright enough in sunlight, so I traded it off on a Leupold VX II 1-4. I came out money ahead, and have a much more versitle scope. But it sounds like Trijicon has improved their products since my experience. I recently visited with a cousin who just returned from Iraq. He's an Infantry SGT on a Striker, and had plenty of hands on experience with the Trijicon......he recomended I try one of the new Trijicons.....

I have had both. I think the Trijicon AccuPoints are good scopes, I have used the 3-9X and the 1.25-4X. They are easier to use than any battery powered illuminated scope, and the glass here is equivalent. In my opinion the Leupold 1.5-5 does just as well without the extra stuff, so why pay for it? This is not a low-light scope, and the illumination won't make it so.

Not sure what use you have for the scopes, I took them on three leopard hunts. My friends hunt pigs at night too. The 1.25-4X was not up to that, but the 3-9X definitely was. the Leupold is a good daytime scope.

jim

The scope is going on my DPMS 308 for deer up close on dog drives (lots of running shots) and also as a three gun rifle :lol: I like Trijicon's post over Leupold's Illuminated Duplex and not a big difference in price($20). Its good to know someone has used the Accupoint and like it. Thanks Jim.

Back