Wa.state gun control DEAD

hubcap

Handloader
Nov 21, 2006
The late news out of Seattle just reported the last major gun bill is dead in the state HOUSE of representitives. The democrats hold a ten man advantage and still did not have enough votes to bring the universal background check bill to the floor for a vote. This is good news for gun owners in our state. Apparently people contacted there elected officials in great numbers stating there opposition to any additional gun control in Wa.state. Now if we can get the FEDS to sue Wa. for recreational pot that would be another big win. I already know My elected Federal officials are getting nervious. They are getting lots of e-mail against pot.

That is good news, indeed. Let the elected, privileged ones, know that they represent a constituency and not themselves.

Glad to hear that! Maybe this will be the end at least for Washington state. I hear that 80% of the State Senate is opposed to this

DrMike":378v78bt said:
That is good news, indeed. Let the elected, privileged ones, know that they represent a constituency and not themselves.

This is something most politicians have been allowed to forget.

I like to rudely slap them in the face with it. :wink:

It never ends. Our state house passed a bill to require a gun owner to turn in his guns if a restraining order is issued. No crime commited at all. Sounds unconstitutional to me. Hopefully the senate will kill this one too. This country has gone nuts against the law abiding citizen. Of course a person with a restraining order against him can keep all other weapons. I,m lost for words at this point.

The liberal mind seeks control over the citizenry. In their estimate, citizens cannot be trusted to make their own decisions. In the view of liberals, people are incapable of thinking as do the liberal overlords, so they must be compelled to ensure compliance with all the liberal directives.

Bill 1840 is dead this session. Apparently the house missed there deadline to hold a vote requiring anyone who owns a gun would have to give it to police if anyone else obtains a restrainig order against you. The libs have so many proposals they cannot vote on them in time. Ha, too bad,so sad. Another unconstitutional bill goes down.

Back