Walker's electronic noise cancelling ear buds

I've got a set that I've been trying. But honestly, I think I like the Isotunes Sport Caliber ones a little better. The only change I made is replacing the factory foam pieces with something different that I ordered online. I have very narrow ear canals, so I have to find one that I can squish down long enough to get them inserted down into my ears.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying anything bad about the Walker's. Just a preference, is all.
I understand, I was looking for how they perform under a shooting range condition were multipool fire arms were being shot at the same time and if they responded and block out or decreased the level of heard noise. Some of the electronics don't react to multipool or consecutive shots well and have slow processors.

Roger,
Most Noise CX designs use a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) due to its speed which is faster than a microcontroller. The downside to a DSP is cost, usually several times more expensive than an 8 or 16 bit micro.
DSP's are commonly used for noise cancelation and number crunching big blocks of numbers. If the ear buds use a DSP, it's probably a good design.
Hope this helps.

JD338

Roger,
Most Noise CX designs use a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) due to its speed which is faster than a microcontroller. The downside to a DSP is cost, usually several times more expensive than an 8 or 16 bit micro.
DSP's are commonly used for noise cancelation and number crunching big blocks of numbers. If the ear buds use a DSP, it's probably a good design.
Hope this helps.

JD338
Thanks I'll have to see what processor they use.

Most likely a DSP or 16/32 bit micro with a DSP function.

JD338
Thanks JD, I revisited why I was looking at these and realized that I didn't care for the Walker products because they don't do what I like in electronic hearing protection. They are good for field work and range work if you are the only one shooting. Also they had separate volume controls even on their muffs so I bought a pair of Peltor 300 tactical muffs with 24NRR.
Thanks again for your help.

I'm sure Walker has a price point to meet for the retail/consumer market. What your after is more commercial/industrial grade which would be at a higher price point.
FWIW, my wife has a pair of Walker Electronic muffs. They work fine for here but we don't shoot at the club, just here so there isn't multiple shooters on the firing line.

JD338

Years ago I bought my first pair of Peltor electronic muffs and they did what I needed but were priced just a little higher than the standard muffs, they were damaged and nonrepairable so I went on a hunt to replace them and couldn't find them anywhere (3M had bought them and didn't list them as Peltors) . I bought Howard Leigh and Walkers which didn't do what the Peltors will.
I need to hear the Range commands and they need to shut down when the shooting starts and then turn on when it stops no matter what the volume setting is which the others won't.
The others are good muffs and I'm not knocking them, just don't work for me.

Back