Wanted

mfcllc

Beginner
Nov 28, 2007
I am looking for old remington 250 savages. The 100gn soft point (round nose) core-lokt bullets. They came in the old kleanbore box and you can have the box if your a collector, Im just a hunter and am looking for that ammo, I am almost out.

Thank You,
Matt

Check out this link to Tony Dean outdoors. according to the article Cabella's is using my money to buy up my home state (SD) and limit hunting access to those with the most money. I may be wrong, but what if I'm not? I will be spending my money elsewhere!!

http://www.tonydean.com/issues2.html?sectionid=9218

sorry- I'm ticked!!! tell me if I'm wrong, but the right to hunt should not be controlled buy the corporates with the cash!!

Having said that, I am the self appointed champion of the 250 Savage :grin: Cabellas in Rogers Mn had 4 boxes of new remington on the shelf a couple weeks ago and several boxes of winchester "silvertip" 100grns as well. I havent looked in a while but Natchez Shooters supply used to list 250 in there catalog. I'm gussing from your post you dont reload but remington sells the brass and bullets seperately too.

OOPS! :oops: MY mistake You said very clearly you were looking for RN bullets. Those I have never seen. Sorry CL

Again if you reload would a Hornady RN fit the bill?

Yes I do reload ALOT lol. The hornady 117 RN works well out of my remington 700 as well as Nosler Balistic tip and Partition. Out of the Savage 99 I finaly got them to stop keyholeing but I cant seem to get them to hold a tight group The savage likes 100 grn bullets WITHOUT boat tail. The hornady interlock psp works well as well as the siera psp but Those old remington round nose 100 grainers work unbelieveable on deer, I mean as well as an 06 with 180 grn core lokt. I find them sometimes at gun shows and some shops will put cartriges on consighnment but I am running low I only have about a dozen left. Thanks for the reply

Try giving the reloading "department" a call at the link below. They dont list Remington bullets on the Mail order page but the guy is nice seems to know what hes talking about and shoots a 250 as well. He may be able to help. They are closed Sun and Mon. Key holing out of your savage sounds like a twist issue. If I understand correctly, some of the older 99 had a quicker twist rate to stabilize the original 87 gr loading. Bullets with a shorter profile than the RN probably work better as you've already discovered. Again that is if I understand the twist issue correctly. I'm having a hard time getting my brain around the concept. :? CL

http://www.gunstop.com/category.asp?id=3

PS Darn, I think it was rifle shooter or reloader magazine that had an article on the 250 this year. I know they listed a couple RN loads in the article. I would look for it a minute but its in a box in the garage, and its below zero and I'm Lazy. :lol: Myabe later

Thanks, dont freeze you @$$ off for it but if you do find it I will definatly appreciate it. My 99s (3 of them) shoot 100 grn factory rounds (psp)in a 1 inch group or tighter all day long. I would love to find a good load for the 177 RN :grin: or the 100 grn Partition. Ill give them a call

Back