Weatherby Camilla?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Friend of mine is looking for her first big game rifle. We haven't found a Weatherby Camilla at any of the local gunshops for her to try.

She's probably going to select a .308 Win.

Pros & cons? Anybody here use one yet or handle one yet?

Thanks, Guy

Yeah, she's probably going to head to Cabelas one of these days to see how one "feels."

Before buying. But that's about a three hour drive, one way.

Guy

Guy Miner":ya16wxiu said:
Yeah, she's probably going to head to Cabelas one of these days to see how one "feels."

Before buying. But that's about a three hour drive, one way.

Guy
Sounds like a Road Trip. Somethings are worth going after. I drive 1-1/2hrs for a good seafood dinner so 3 hrs for a rifle even if I didn't like it would be no problem for me and would turn it into a multipurpose trip. :mrgreen:

Guy, I just got my wife a Camilla in 6.5 creedmor and it is one sweet little rifle. I could hunt with it myself with no problem. Weatherby had it in stock and my local dealer ordered two and we had them with in a week. I think any lady hunter would like them. I wasn't sure about a 20 in. barrel but it has perfect balance. I sighted it in with factory ammo but have not shot reloads yet because of the weather.

Got one for my granddaughter, but she doesn't get it until christmas. Her mother said it felt real nice when she handled it, but she has not shot it. We went with the 7mm-08.

They told my daughter that they are selling them at a pretty good clip. If you like it when you handle it you might want to get it, it if it for christmas.

Guy, do you go to the one close to the wolf creek lodge ? forget the town. It is a nice one or was anyway

69gto":3bf7qkit said:
Guy, I just got my wife a Camilla in 6.5 creedmor and it is one sweet little rifle. I could hunt with it myself with no problem. Weatherby had it in stock and my local dealer ordered two and we had them with in a week. I think any lady hunter would like them. I wasn't sure about a 20 in. barrel but it has perfect balance. I sighted it in with factory ammo but have not shot reloads yet because of the weather.

Thanks! (y)

Europe":2sdsfo41 said:
Got one for my granddaughter, but she doesn't get it until christmas. Her mother said it felt real nice when she handled it, but she has not shot it. We went with the 7mm-08.

They told my daughter that they are selling them at a pretty good clip. If you like it when you handle it you might want to get it, it if it for christmas.

Guy, do you go to the one close to the wolf creek lodge ? forget the town. It is a nice one or was anyway

If it's Cabelas, I usually go east to Post Falls, Idaho. Easier than dealing with the traffic in western Washington, and only a bit farther at highway speeds.

Guy

Back