weatherby vangaurd 270WSM RMEF with scope

mblove

Beginner
Feb 9, 2011
I know a guy who won this in a raffle and he wants to sell it. What kind of money is it worth. NEW never fired.

I'll venture a guess. A Vanguard in a synthetic stock (with no aluminum bedding pillars or block) will fetch about $325-400 depending on the market, the buyer, and the cartridge it's chambered for. Adding an inexpensive "package" scope like a Bushnell Banner, Nikon Pro-Staff, or Burris FullField, will increase the price by maybe $50, generally speaking. I'd have trouble seeing that package sell "NIB never fired" for more than about $450, tops. You can buy a new or near new Vanguard and scope it for that price, so buying a package for more just isn't likely to happen. But hey, if he sold it for $400, he's $400 ahead of where he was before he won it.

And, Guy is right - not expensive, but a great reputation for accuracy and performance.

What stock/finish does it have? Some of the RMEF models are a little fancier. Then it's a matter of what it's worth to you.
Greg

Well, going back to my earlier comments, I'll add a little, now knowing more about the rifle.

The laminated stock is a nice feature. It's worth something like $50-150 depending on how nice it is and how much you really like it. A good aftermarket laminated stock for the Vanguard is going to run $150-200, so it won't be worth more than about that.

The stainless barrel is probably worth another $50-70, as a full stainless action and barrel are worth about $100 more, generally speaking, than a blued moly steel gun.

So now we're up to something like $500-620 depending on how much someone loves the stock. If I were trying to buy it, I'd offer $500 and be willing to be talked up to $575 or so. For about $650 you can buy a new Vanguard ($375-400), a "package grade" scope ($50-100), and a laminated stock ($150-200), so you'd be able to duplicate the rifle for that price, pretty handily, and have the choice of chambering, stock color and style, and scope brand.

I would go no higher than $425. If he won it then it's a good deal for him. My buddy got one in 300 weatherby mag. Great shooting gun imo.

Back