weigth on the NoslerCustom™ Model 48 Sporter?

G'day Caine.

According to the Nosler Promotional Information the weight of the Nosler 48 Sporter is 5 3/4 lbs. That is approximately 2.608 Kg. I think that would be without scope or mounts.

I hope you have more luck in obtaining a model 48 in Norway than I am having in Australia. (Unfortunately that's what happens when you live on the other side of the world)

Thanks Dave!!

It`s my girlfred who are planing an new ligth wigth rifle for hunting reindeer in the mountains here. So as any gungeek boyfrend im loooking at all guns i like and giv here the info on them. She is favoring the Sauer 202 Highland. Probably in 6.5x55 swed. I got a Sako 75 Finnlight in 7 rem mag my selfe.

G'day Caine.

Caine you are a lucky man. All the women in my life (wife and 2 daughters) would prefer jewellery to firearms.

The rifles I have used for mountain hunting in New Zealand (stalking, Red Deer, Himalayan Tahr and Chamois) are as follows:
The first was a Steyr Mannlicher Professional in .270 Winchester. When Winchester introduced their controlled feed model 70. I purchased a featherweight .270 Winchester and had some work done on it, including putting an original McMillan / Winchester Featherweight fiberglass stock on it. My son now uses this rifle when we go to New Zealand. I also have Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter also in .270 Winchester. Ugliest rifle I own but it shoots well.

Recently I purchased a Remington Model 700 with the Titanium receiver. This rifle is in .260 Remington. I think a nice light Chamois rifle. When hunting in the Southern Alps of New Zealand, your rifle eventually gets used as an expensive walking stick.

I like the look of the Nosler Model 48. I am hoping I will eventually obtain one. Probably the last rifle I will need to buy. (now I want to wear them all out)

Good luck with the choice of rifle and the girl friend. (then check out Paspaley Pearls)

Wel i knowe about the walkinstick gun :wink:
And girls are girls in enye age sape an form. So for this gun it got to be; good looking, shoot at good as a br rifle and be ligth..
Never used eny 270 my self yet. Use most 7mm from 7x57R to 7 rem mag. I stardet of whit 7mag and som how ends up whit a gun in tha cal.

Hi Caine,
I have no doubt that I have come full circle with regards to firearms that I own. I have got full Custom Jobs and also stock standard factory rifles If I was to start again, knowing what I know now and with the amount of shooting and stalking I do now. I think that I would be tempted to have just a single shot, take down rifle. Perhaps a Blaser single shot.

At the risk of causing an international incident, in my opinion, (not that it's worth very much) in relation to wooden stocks, if some of the German / Austrian manufacturers could adapt an American Classic or English Stalking or Big Game rifle style stock to their rifles it might broaden their appeal.

In relation to wooden stocks, give me American Classic or English understatement any day.

Now I think that I better retreat to the bunker and wait for the flack to stop falling.

hehe yupp keep your head down!

Dave i thinke we coud agre on most things over a 6 pack of good lager!

Im planing on ust having 2 rifles for hunting. One steyr ssg 69 in 308 whit a 4-16x50 swaro and my Sako 7m dl in 7mm-08rem whit a 2.5-10x50 zeizz.
Shoot my 7mm-08 out to 650m this weekend. We shoot at steel plates 40cmx40cm from 400m to 600m and en elektronic target at 650m.

trg650m.jpg

My best groop at 650m shoot with a TRG 42 in 338 Lapua mag

Greyt fun but not mutch to do whit hunting. But you get to knowe the limits of gun and shoother.
http://www.sluttstykket.com/portal/inde ... highlight=

G'day Caine.

Well you are a better man than I. That's fairly impressive shooting. And I agree absolutely with what you say in relation to testing of rifles and optics. There are plenty of 500 metre rifles with 100 metre shooter's behind them. (I'm probably one of them) If I can consistently ring the gong (hit a 40cm x 40cm steel splash plate) at 300 metres with one of my sporting rifles I think that I have done well. (Although I must admit I do like bowling Silhouette Rams at longer ranges) I have a friend who consistently places well in a fly shoots. He uses a 6.5 x 284 Winchester. He is fanatical about his case preparation and reloading. I wouldn't want this bloke shooting at me. Alas with me you would be pretty safe, unless you were extremely unlucky.

How's the search for the girlfriend's new rifle going?

old gmc.

Hi

Ust leavin for the range, got to fireform som 6ppc brass.

She will bye the Kimber montana in 270wsm. Top it whit a 3.5-10x44 conqest. Shood do the trick.
I ust started shooting ms my self last yare.

Back