Went to the gun show with money in pocket.......

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
Found a CZ model 3 in 300WSM - what caught my eye is that it has Montana 1999 action and barrel. It's stainless with a nice wood stock,NIB and never been fired. I got it for 500$.Montana retails just the actions for 750$. Does anybody know what bases this gun will accept?

The model 3 was certainly a handsome rifle. They didn't market it in Canada, or I would have had one. I tried to find one, but CZ chose not to send it our way. All the reports I read were positive. You found a real bargain, I believe. My last CZ (a 550FS) required proprietary rings and bases.

I had a CZ 550 and have a zkk CZ 602. They take a 19mm dovetail ring if I recall correctly. CZ makes one and Leupold makes a better version of it. The CZ has a single screw going up vertically thro the base to hold the ring in place. IT isn't accessable without the bases comeing off and does come loose. The leupolds are great, I've got them on my 375 ICL. Be careful mounting scopes with these rings, they tend to tighten up crooked if you don't use a lapping tool. I bent a scope tube likje that :oops: :oops:

JT.

Back