WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

Dear Nosler -

Please make a 7mm 175gr SEMI-SPITZER AccuBond for those of us having fine old custom rifles having 10" twist barrels.

The reputations of the large 7mm cartridges were made in the 1950's using the old 175gr semi-spitzer Partition in 10" twist barrels. Early packaging ('red box' and 'yellow box' Nosler) was clearly marked "Recommended for 10 Twist Barrels".

Neither my 7mm RMag nor 7x61 S&H will shoot the current 175gr Partition well, but both are sub-MOA using the old semi-spitzer bullets... when they can be found on the used market.

If the Partition semi-spitzer can no longer be justified, next best is an AccuBond.

Please.

Here is what has officialy been released in the AccuBond for 2007:
6.5 cal 130gr
270 cal 130gr
35 cal 225gr
9.3 cal 250gr

This is a start. We know that we need to keep developing those AccuBonds in other calibers.

Nosler3":1kfcr74y said:
Here is what has officialy been released in the AccuBond for 2007:
6.5 cal 130gr
270 cal 130gr
35 cal 225gr
9.3 cal 250gr

This is a start. We know that we need to keep developing those AccuBonds in other calibers.

So... what do you think would happen to the performance of the bullet (225 35-cal AB) if I took the tip off with a belt sander? I know I'd lose some BC, but what might happen to the terminal performance? I think the 225 will just plain be too long for the magazine well of my Model 7 .358 Win. unless I did something like that.

I bet I could make a little jig that would allow me to remove or reduce that tip cleanly and consistantly...

Still, a 200-gn AccuBond in 35 caliber would be sweet! Following the Barnes model of light-for-caliber, it would have some real appeal too as a bullet that you can get the speed out of but it still holds together.

-jeff

-jeff

Nosler3:
thanks for the info!
Can't wait to try the 6.5 and especially the 9.3 AB!!
:grin: :grin: :grin:

220 or 240g .308 AB --longerange guys with the big 30's would kill for this

250, 275 or 300g .338 AB --same here

The longrange market remains sorely untapped. Bonded, high BC, heavy for caliber bullets that will hold together for clean kills at high impact velocities (up to 3400 fps) but will still open up well at lower velocities (around 1800 fps) will open the untapped market that currently exists.

Thanks you.

NoKnees":2ipmay3z said:
Id vote for a 200g 35cal.. but thats just me and my 358:)

No, that's you AND me with our .358's!!

Would be the perfect bullet for .358. I hope Nosler realizes that there simply is NOT a 35 caliber, 200-gn bullet other than cup-and-core bullets like the Hornady and Corelokt, and the solid Barnes bullets. There is NO premium 200-gn bullet from anyone else; there is no competion in this admittadly small market slice. They'd sell them, if they made them. The Whelen guys would eat 'em up, so would the .350 mag guys, and us .358 guys would be forever beholden to Nosler.

-jeff

jmden":26rlwj8j said:
220 or 240g .308 AB --longerange guys with the big 30's would kill for this

250, 275 or 300g .338 AB --same here

The longrange market remains sorely untapped. Bonded, high BC, heavy for caliber bullets that will hold together for clean kills at high impact velocities (up to 3400 fps) but will still open up well at lower velocities (around 1800 fps) will open the untapped market that currently exists.

Thanks you.

I'll go for a 250AB in .338 :grin:

how do you like your 325? thinking of building one for my sister for elk this year.

Back