WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

My .325 is a Browning BLR, so it's a little different than the typical bolt rifle. Here's a picture:

BLR.jpg

I love the caliber. If I didn't have a good .338, I'd go with .325 WSM for my elk rifle with no hesitation.

Power and recoil are about halfway between 30-06 and .338 Win Mag. Velocities are well under what Winchester claimed- but it's still a great caliber.

-jeff

The heaviest .338 bullet that a 1:10" twist will stabilize. Mine will handle the 300 gr. Sierra Match King just fine. Whether it be a 275 gr., 285 gr. or 300 gr., we need something with a very high BC.

Festus

Guy's

I like all of your suggestion but I think that my idea would be great. My understanding is that Nosler is going to scrap the solid base bullets and if the scraped the Hunting Ballistic Tips too and built the AccuBond in all calibers like the Ballistic hunting tip and could keep the price down, they and we would think we have the best of both worlds.
Just my suggestion. :grin:

Guy's

I like all of your suggestion but I think that my idea would be the best. My understanding is that Nosler is going to scrap the solid base bullets and if the scraped the Hunting Ballistic Tips too and built the AccuBond in all calibers like the Ballistic hunting tip and could keep the price down, they and we would think we have the best of both worlds.
Just my suggestion. :grin:

I hope to see a 250 and/or 300 grains AccuBond in .338 caliber...

There is a need for good bonded bullets in this weightclass for those of us who uses 338 mags fore longrange shooting and hunting.

I won't be needing Hornady's or Sierra's 300 grains hpbt's if I can get Accubonds instead...

Dr. Strangelove":3f2ayzf6 said:
I hope to see a 250 and/or 300 grains AccuBond in .338 caliber...

There is a need for good bonded bullets in this weightclass for those of us who uses 338 mags fore longrange shooting and hunting.

I won't be needing Hornady's or Sierra's 300 grains hpbt's if I can get Accubonds instead...

+1

JD338

I am not a 338 fan but would love to see all hunters use HUNTING bullets on game so...

+2 :lol:

The .325 180 A/B is a great idea, as is 350gr. .416 A/B. A .257 in 100gr A/B would also get my money. I guess you get it anyway but I would smile more if you brought out these bullets.
Good Hunting
elkhunt :grin:

I don't know if it has been posted in previous posts but a .224 55 grain AccuBond would be just the ticket for us hot .22 shooters who shoot yotes foxes bobcats and the like.

kosh":msl1c46u said:
I don't know if it has been posted in previous posts but a .224 55 grain AccuBond would be just the ticket for us hot .22 shooters who shoot yotes foxes bobcats and the like.

If you only knew how many in europe that uses 224 bullets for roedeer...

If Hornady brings out bonded bullets in 224 and the heavyer 338, it sure will fill out a need fore many shooters... But i hope that Nosler will be first...

There is a need!!!

Next barrel would be a 338WM or a 416RM, but first i would like to se the 250 grain AB for 338 :) and for my 243w it would be great with a 85 or 90 grain AB :)

gunny1":2tjh2q40 said:
.308 (30 cal) - 168 gn, 175, 180, 200, & 220

I have a lot of 30 cal weapons. JMO

Nosler already has a 165, 180, & 200AB for 30 cal. Just curious, what gain would having a 168AB be over the 165AB?

Back