What are you all paying for SR primers?

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I keep a couple packs around for loading a buddies 17 hornet, but I don't personally have anything right now that would take SR primers, but never know I could run across a 223 I like and I wouldn't mind getting a 17 Hornet myself, I just have yet to run across 1 local.

LGS called they have SR primers and will put me down for 2 bricks if I want them. $79.95 per brick. Add the sales tax on that and it will be $84.75. About what you guys are paying? Cheaper? If it's a good price I might pick them up just to have them around.

Forgot to to add........these are Remington SR if that makes any difference good or bad.

I keep a couple packs around for loading a buddies 17 hornet, but I don't personally have anything right now that would take SR primers, but never know I could run across a 223 I like and I wouldn't mind getting a 17 Hornet myself, I just have yet to run across 1 local.

LGS called they have SR primers and will put me down for 2 bricks if I want them. $79.95 per brick. Add the sales tax on that and it will be $84.75. About what you guys are paying? Cheaper? If it's a good price I might pick them up just to have them around.

Forgot to to add........these are Remington SR if that makes any difference good or bad.
It's around the rate unless you go to some of the foreign ones maybe can get to around $60 but online you have shipping and hazmat.
Sportsman Warehouse has decent prices if you have one near you but you can only buy two sleeves at a time so 200 doesn't go far.

$90 per 1000 for Rem 7 1/2. They supposedly have the highest brisance of all SR primers. My second preference is Winchester SR primers also at $90 per 1000 at my preferred local shop. LR/LRM are essentially the same price there as well At $104. I’ve been going to see them for over 30 years. They’ve always taken good care of me and can somehow always find what’s unobtainable.

Last edited:
Sportsman Warehouse has decent prices if you have one near you but you can only buy two sleeves at a time so 200 doesn't go far.
They are the only local LGS that have SRP on the shelf. 200/day is their limit here too , price is $7.17/100.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Sounds like it's about middle of the road pricing, can find them a little cheaper or more expensive. I guess at that I'll let them sit since I don't have immediate need for them.

Looks like I've got you all beat. I don't reload anything with small rifle, so it costs me $0. Now, if I could only find some large pistol... :cry:

There's plenty out there for sale.
Yes, just picked up some for $5.71/ 100 at a Sportsman's Warehouse, in... um, I've been on the road a bit lately, but I think it was Idaho Falls. They are still rationing, so you can only get two sleeves of 100 per customer of all types of primers. They had Rem small rifle for $5.90, if I recall, and Fiocci small pistol boxes of 150 for $8.7X. So, primers are out there in some quantities, but prices look to be between $57 and about $70/ 1k - assuming you can get 1k bricks.

Yes, just picked up some for $5.71/ 100 at a Sportsman's Warehouse, in... um, I've been on the road a bit lately, but I think it was Idaho Falls. They are still rationing, so you can only get two sleeves of 100 per customer of all types of primers. They had Rem small rifle for $5.90, if I recall, and Fiocci small pistol boxes of 150 for $8.7X. So, primers are out there in some quantities, but prices look to be between $57 and about $70/ 1k - assuming you can get 1k bricks.
Luckily I didn't need to find and pistol primers of small, large or magnums as I already had a fair share before all this crap started. I could use some more cci350's, but I've seen them for sale at a decent price and passed on it for much needed large rifle primers. I had to prioritize my purchasing as I started into 2 new cartridges (6.5prc, 7-08rem) and trying for a 3rd (7saum). All for AR builds. Wouldn't mind a custom 7-6.5prc instead of just the 7prc. I don't care to get into that expense just yet!

Back