What bullets do U guys like in 264 Win mag

120 BT for antelope and long range deer. 125 gr Partition as the best all arounder. Reloder 25 for both of course!

The 140 Gr. Partition works great in the .264 as does the 130 x bullet. They hold together way better than the lighter bullets and off better penetration also. I have used them for 20 years with no gripes on game up to elk and kudu size.

I use my Westerner M70 only for easy to carry field hunting. Its too heavy otherwise.

The load I worked up long ago using the 120 gr Ballistic Tip and RL 22 is so accurate that there is no reason to fuss any more. I get extreme accuracy and 3350 fps or so.

That load was developed long before RL 25 came out. There is empty space in my case.

I shoot it only at pests and deer.

Now that the Berger VLD has been identified as a game bullet there is a thought in my mind to try it but to be frank I have other rifles that weigh less and shoot far.

I think it would pay to buy a box of 130gr. Accubonds & see how they group. The BC is good & I saw last fall how they performed in a 6.5X55
& it was impressive.

I would think the 125 gr PT and the 130 gr AB would cover most requirements for the 264 Win Mag.

JD338

Think the 130 AccuBond and the 140 Partition would cover 99 percent of what I want...tried to order the 140 Partions off Nosler site but they were out and so was Midway...none to be had apparently..

I've been using the 120 BT's with Retumbo, but loaded with 70 grns the bullet is traveling faster than recommended velocity for NBT's(above 3000fps) by 300 fps and tends to grenade pretty bad. It does a huge amount of damage in close, however, the accuracy is awesome. I'm going to spring for some AB's and save the 120's for yotes.

I was looking to try their new loaded premium ammunition prior to loading my own...and they are out of the 140gr loaded ammo...sorry I guess I did not make myself too clear...of course I could order and load my own...just wanted to try them first...thanks much...

120 NBT chrono'd @ 3265FPS w/70grns retumbo, 140NPT w/IMR4350 @ 2950FPS, 130 AB @ 3020FPS

CC

140 grain VLD's work great for big game at longer range. Other wise I would go with a 130 AccuBond or 140 sst.

Back