What is the best fastest cleaner you ever used?

For the short time that I have been using it I sure like the Hopped Number 9 Bench Rest.. It sure brings out the fouling and blue copper residue as proof hat it is getting the job done.. Not sure how it rates on the speed chart but I am happy with it..

Getting the fouling and copper in one operation has to be faster than the two step that I had been doing..

I started using Boretech products about 2 years ago and have found nothing better. No smell and cleans everything out of the barrel first time (unless you have really let things go).

diverdown":axm1ws81 said:
I started using Boretech products about 2 years ago and have found nothing better. No smell and cleans everything out of the barrel first time (unless you have really let things go).

Same here. Works like a champ.

I have been using boretech eliminator lately

KG-1 for me. But really, the best bore cleaner is someone else who will clean your gun. :lol:
russ

For the last 15 plus years I've used Shooters Choice MC#7 and Shooter Choice Quick Scrub with great results.

I had used Barnes CR-10 copper remover but not in the last 5 years with good success although that stuff is really smelly best used outside and should not be left in the barrel more then 10 minutes, but great at dissolving the copper quickly.

I have tried the Boretech products just this year although it seems to cause the cleaning rod to stick(very tight friction) when the barrel is being cleaned. I used their C4, Cu+2 and their Chameleon Gel. I like the product, but the way in which the rod tends to have a lot of friction is my only issue. But I've only used those three product twice.

Wipe-out with accelerator does well for powder residue and copper fouling, but carb-out is the best product I have found for serious carbon buildup in the throat area. None of them are very fast after 200+ rounds have gone down the tube. Some of it boils down to how clean you really want your barrel. Kroil is still my favorite if I have a week to let the barrel sit and soak. I know...you said fast :roll:

The fastest... Montana Extreme 50 BMG Copper Killer... mean stuff!!!

But does what it says it will...

...I like Wipe-Out, but...

...I got a friend who has a friend who has a nephew that has an uncle who knows a guy that get his bore cleaner from a certified witch doctor. One soaked patch, followed by one dry patch cleans the bore down to metal, removes any tool marks, sharpens the rifling, trues up the muzzle crown. It's a little pricey, & some of the preliminary ceremonial requirements are rather exotic & time consuming, but the guy the uncle knows swears it works like a "charm"...

wildgene":2u16ig1o said:
...I like Wipe-Out, but...

...I got a friend who has a friend who has a nephew that has an uncle who knows a guy that get his bore cleaner from a certified witch doctor. One soaked patch, followed by one dry patch cleans the bore down to metal, removes any tool marks, sharpens the rifling, trues up the muzzle crown. It's a little pricey, & some of the preliminary ceremonial requirements are rather exotic & time consuming, but the guy the uncle knows swears it works like a "charm"...

(y) Yeah....I want some of that stuff too :lol: A good bore guide and a brush is still my best friend.

I have been using Wipeout for a number of years and never found anything better :mrgreen:!

Blessings,
Dan

Back