What is your favorite brand of reloading die?

have 2 sets of Lee, 2 sets of Hornady, 2 sets of RCBS, and 4 sets of Redding. By far, I prefer the Redding. To the point that I plan to eventually replace all the others. What do you prefer to use? What is your favorite die maker?

Forster, Redding, RCBS, in order.

I do want to try some of Redding's bushing dies at some point.

I like LEE dies and hornady new dimension dies. They have always worked like they should without any problems.

I really like the Hornady dies for the tapered expander ball and seaters that will seat about any bullet in any case for that caliber. You can also get different caliber inserts for the same die body. I haven't used any of the newer bushing dies but the Forster and Redding FL dies are the best IMO. Hornady's are nice to. Most of the newer RCBS dies seems to be a rougher finish inside. The only case I've stuck was in a newer RCBS die recently but just sizing cases they feel rougher and will come out scratched. I use the Hornady neck dies and like them too. They aren't caliber specific either but they make some shorter then others for the really short BR/PPC length cases.

The more that I reload, the more that I like Forster dies with the carbide sizing ball right under the neck sizer plus, the alignment and quality of reloads that these benchrest dies turn out with low bullet TIR. I have used RCBS for many years but Redding and Forster make better dies IMHO.

I started with RCBS but my last two projects I went with Forster, just to try something different.
I like them fine but wouldn't mind trying Redding in the future.

If I can get Forster, I use Forster. Otherwise, it is about equally split between Redding and RCBS.

Lee Collet Neck Sizer for concentricity & low working of brass (lack of expander button), Hornady in-line seating die for concentricity and adjustability, and RCBS or Redding FLS dies for precision.

I have and use Redding , Hornady, RCBS and Lachmiller Dies. Redding are my favorite but would love to try Forster.

Back