What tags have you drawn?

Greg Nolan

Handloader
Nov 25, 2004
Thanks to DrMike's post on the moose hunt it's plain that the big game season is here, at least in some places.
We all submit and pray or some of us go over the counter "OTC" if we hunt in a good game area or just want to hunt close to home.
The anxiety is starting to build for us all and it's "TIME TO SHARE" :shock:
WHAT DID WE DRAW THIS YEAR AND WHERE?
I'll start:
Elk and mule deer in Idaho with the opportunity for bear and mountain lion as an alternate on the deer tag with a good friend.
The elk hunting is Sooo good that, How good is it? The elk are having to learn how to climb trees just to have enough space for them all to fit into the area. :roll: Well almost :wink: I wish! Share your hunt plans so we can all enjoy the upcomming hunts. :grin:
Greg

Greg.....
Good luck on the Mulie & Elk hunt....
Yes, the anticipation is about to get the best of me.... slightly less than 3 weeks now and it's off to the mountains.....I had to lay the guns to the side and pull out the Hoyt for these though....

Sept 4-19 Archery Bighorn Sheep
Aug 29 - Sept 27 Archery Deer
Sept 2-27 Archery Black Bear
All three same area here in CO

You're a lucky man Powerstroke to have such great hunting in your state. Or is it good planning? Let us know how you do.
Good Hunting
Greg

Just MI over the counter WT deer combo gun/bow buck tags and doe tags.
I didn't get drawn for elk or bear. :cry: :cry: :cry:

JD338

got an either sex draw for the elk in 7-22, wich is about 2.5 hours north of here, its gonna be cold though--dec.-feb i think

knives dont work so well with frozen blood on them :roll:

Drew buck antelope tag, deer tag,either sex elk tag,late cow tag. Wife drew deer tag will buy OTC bull tag.

got an either sex draw for the elk in 7-22

That is a great area, jhunter1010. I took a grizzly there a couple of years ago, and frequently hunt moose there in September/October. Best of luck to you.

Greg Nolan":5lh7ks9f said:
Thanks to DrMike's post on the moose hunt it's plain that the big game season is here, at least in some places.
We all submit and pray or some of us go over the counter "OTC" if we hunt in a good game area or just want to hunt close to home.
The anxiety is starting to build for us all and it's "TIME TO SHARE" :shock:
WHAT DID WE DRAW THIS YEAR AND WHERE?
I'll start:
Elk and mule deer in Idaho with the opportunity for bear and mountain lion as an alternate on the deer tag with a good friend.
The elk hunting is Sooo good that, How good is it? The elk are having to learn how to climb trees just to have enough space for them all to fit into the area. :roll: Well almost :wink: I wish! Share your hunt plans so we can all enjoy the upcomming hunts. :grin:
Greg
What he said :)

Drew the std "doe" tag, 3rd yr in a row. Daughter drew a buck tag, 2nd yr in a row. Go figure.... :grin:

Brother in MN is teasing me bad with his setting up 3 bear bait/stands and says if he gets two different hits to cmon over. Its a no-qouta zone so it would be OTC non res... Problem is sept is tied up and I would have to choose tween finishing and shooting my new rifle or go bear hunting.... So, my rifle wins and I am not a big fan of bear meat. Tastes too sweet & rich for my tastes..

Now if the moose pop recovered in MN and they opened it up to nonres, I'd be all over it..

Rod

None, nada, zip, zero :cry: :cry: .

But there are still some deer-tags in certain areas of Wyoming, all private ground. And MT has some doe-antelope tags around, if you would like a nice meat hunt. I might just do that, as I need to visit old friends in MT anyway :grin: .

Jim

OTC bear, deer and elk tags here in Washington. Archery elk.

Will try to fill the bear tag next week.

Wyoming mule deer tag.

If my son and I fill most of our tags, we'll need a new freezer! :grin:

I drew a zone 6 October season bull moose tag for Maine...Oct. 12-17.

I also drew a zone D2 antlerless moose tag for New Hampshire...Oct. 17-25.

Also drew PA antlerless tags for WMU 4C, 4D, and 4E. Drew isn't the right word as the PA antlerless tags are on a first come first serve basis. I only plan on harvesting 1antlerless deer, but having the three tags allows me to hunt around home and camp.

Craig

Craig
That sounds like a good hunt in store. Let us know how the hunting went and of course pictures are always nice.
Greg

hey greg nolan where did you draw in ID? or are they OTC tags? I didn't get anything this year but I'll be hunting OTC tags this year. and where are you from?

I drew two doe antelope tags in Utah opening 10/3. Hunted there last year and missed my shot. :oops: Looking forward to the opportunity to redeem myself.

ses1
They are over the counter tags for Sawtooth zone Elk. Areas 36 and 27. For deer it will be 36 and 36b over the counter. There are a lot of elk despite the wolves. They are just more cautious.
Greg

Back