Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Remington Varmint
700V
6mm rem

5FtQQl.jpg

vui91l.jpg

zIeMQl.jpg

Thinking use will be target varmints (coyotes only) and LR shooting.

I do have this one but not sure how it would look!

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... ge-target/

You should see if Doug over at Cameraland NY has any of those Vortex Vipers coming in for $280. 6.5-20x44, I think? That would be just about perfect, I think.

One of the hard decisions we face today arises from the abundance of fine scopes. Personally, I don't like the 50mm objective. I'm not certain I would find myself going to a 20 power scope at this stage. On the other hand, I do admit that it is nice when shooting at small targets waaaaaay out there to have the necessary power to see clearly. You could do much worse than the Leupold you show. Consequently, that is a sweet looking rifle chambered in a great cartridge. You have impeccable taste, sir.

FOTIS":35ftvyhn said:
Then I might as well mount the leupy on it no?

You could, but I'm partial to the 44mm bell on the Vortex. It's your rifle, though, Fotis. I might have kept the 6500 and plugged it in on that thing...but that's another story.

Budget?

If I decide not to go with the Leupy then I will sell it and buy something else. Looks kinda big to me for that rifle.

Anyway.

Scott checked your mail today?

Thanks for the reminder Fotis! I have several incoming might need to go check the ole PO box.
Those 6.5x20s are a big tube.
Scott

Fotis just my opinion, but I think a Leupold 4.5-14x40mm with the B&C reticle would be sweet, So would a Zeiss Conquest in I believe they have the same 4.5-14x44mm. That would be great too! Even on my boys MKII, that Leupold doesn't look too big for the rifle and looks pretty sharp.

Ruger MKII with the Leupold.
006-11.jpg

Winchester Model 70 with his 3.5-10x44mm Zeiss.
005-16.jpg

I am thinking the same thing.

I guess that leup is going on the chopping block~

Fotis,
You might want to consider the long range version of the 4.5x14 leup it'll add the 30mm tube and side focus. I really like the B&C reticle for big game but the varmint reticle is pretty sweet for target and long range smaller varmint type targets - not so good in the timber or low light.
Just my 2 Cents. Found a really nice Weaver V16 in my mailbox.
Thanks Fotis,
Scott

Fotis forgot to mention also that my boys Zeiss has the Z600 reticle in it. Scott makes a good point about the B&C versus the Varmint reticle. They both are good. I would just take a peek at each one and see which you think would work better for how you are shooting and what you are shooting. The Z600 is nice and my son really likes it, but I think I like the B&C just a bit better. We both are going to shoot that Hunter class course I hope at least next month. Should be fun, and a way for him to test the reticles some more. Plus we plan on making a steel target and doing some shooting out to 500 and 600 yards for practice.
So many choices and so many darn good scopes!

If I were starting from scratch, I would probably find a VX3 6.5-20x40 gloss, 1" tube. My buddy has a .22-250 just like your 6mm with a Vari-XIII and that has always screamed classic varmint rifle to me.

Gimme a yell before/if you sell what you have. What reticle do you have?

CL,
Fotis is longer in possession of that nice scope. :mrgreen: It resides on my gun bench. 8)
Scott

Any of those will work I really like the idea of having a side focus instead of an AO. Makes things easier and then I can focus as I'm looking down the sights so it's if perfect adjustment instead of look adjust check.

Back