When it rains it pours......Scotty & Brian check these out

Woodycreek":13m1prpe said:
I will make sure the favor is returned 10x as much as was given :mrgreen:

This place is full of self inflicted gun shot wounds! Doesn't seem to take much to talk people over the ledge. I have never seen many talked off the ledge.

Friends don't let friends hunt without an M70!

TDD1964,

Welcome to the forum. It's always fun to join in helping a fellow shooter acquire a new rifle. :grin: Obviously, people have enjoyed helping Brian find what he really needed. What you shooting?

Hi guys,

I have the privilege of shooting with Brian and Scotty. My rifles of choice are:

EDM Windrunner in 338LM and 308
Remington 40X in an Accuracy International Chassis 308
Savage 10 in 223

I like to keep them quiet with an Elite Iron Sierra and a TBA Covert.

I mostly shoot paper, but have been known to keep the groundhogs out of the garden.

Tom Dale
Amelia, VA

Tom,

We promise not to hold it against you that you shoot with Scotty and Brian. We are equal opportunity insulters here; each stands on their own merits. :shock: :grin:

It looks as if you have some serious armaments there. I think all of us enjoy shooting paper. There is just something satisfying about watching the laws of physics come together when we pull the trigger.

TDD1964":24lnseac said:
Hi guys,

I have the privilege of shooting with Brian and Scotty. My rifles of choice are:

EDM Windrunner in 338LM and 308
Remington 40X in an Accuracy International Chassis 308
Savage 10 in 223

I like to keep them quiet with an Elite Iron Sierra and a TBA Covert.

I mostly shoot paper, but have been known to keep the groundhogs out of the garden.

Tom Dale
Amelia, VA

It's about time you made it in here! You will find a few fellow 338 Lapua shooters to exchange notes with.

Gonna wait and see how well Patrick's 30 cal suppressor works before I jump into the big "Cans". You really got him hooked since he has three on order!

Ah man! I should have known it was you Tom! You son of a gun..

Heck yeah, glad your here...

Woodycreek":kjmpjlmj said:
I have a brand new Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 CDS waiting for the M70.

Sweet that should work! Should be shooting it like mid-week uh? I get my glass Monday! Might have to do some loading after work tonight and tomorrow and mount her Monday. I think I'm set got lots of lead! :twisted:

Howdy Tom!!!

...while knowing Brian & Scotty tends to shade yer "character", your choice of firearms shows sound judgement... :mrgreen: :lol:

Woodycreek":2647e2mc said:

Congrats Brian! I haven't had much time to see what was going on here lately, so I'm late to the party. Looking forward to hearing all the details as you set it up.

Have you found a local gunsmith to do the brake yet, or are you going to shoot it first and see how much it rocks you before you decide?

Hi Tom, welcome from the great White North, you mentioning some of your friends is surely going to endear you to the forum regulars :roll:
We promise not to hold you to guilt by association :wink:
I think that you will really enjoy this group of people lots of real smrt riflemen :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

257 Ackley":1fkpuu6c said:
Woodycreek":1fkpuu6c said:

Congrats Brian! I haven't had much time to see what was going on here lately, so I'm late to the party. Looking forward to hearing all the details as you set it up.

Have you found a local gunsmith to do the brake yet, or are you going to shoot it first and see how much it rocks you before you decide?

Thanks buddy! Gonna shoot it first for S&Gs. Already talked to Jim's smith about a brake and a few small things. I know you got somebody that does good work? Send me the info on your guy.

You should have got the package I sent you?

Brian -
I don't know about having someone special when it comes to brakes. The smith that did my brake did a nice job, but that was a loooong time ago. I will check with some of the contacts I have and see what they say. See what Jim thinks once he gets his back from the guy he uses in Michigan. The main thing is finding someone who can blend it into the profile of the barrel and make it disappear so you can"t see the line. Make sure it comes with a "cap" you can screw on as well in case you want to use it without the brake.

Got the package and almost done with it..gonna pass it on!

Back