When Primers Become Available Again

Handloader
May 30, 2009
I promise you I will buy enough that it will never be a concern again.
I currently have about 5 to 10.000 of each size,but this is ridiculous.
I lived through it once before with the Clinton administration, and now this.I only have myself to blame for not buying out the warehouses this time last year.I guess I didn't think the American people were stupid enough to elect this guy.
I saw Large Pistol Match primers at a gun show for $100 per thousand.

I remembered how it was during the Clinton days. I have enough powder for 5500 rounds and enough primers for many more rounds than that. Primers are starting to show up again. I bought every primer I could get my hands on during Aug. Sept and Oct

Idaho_Elk_Huntr":3hqnlx0w said:
I bought every primer I could get my hands on during Aug. Sept and Oct

You are a smart man. :wink:
I have enough powder to last out my lifetime, I cast my own bullets so that is not a concern because I have more lead than I will ever shoot,and my .50/100 Sharps rifle will kill anything that I care to hunt. The weak link is the primers.
I think we will see a tax on ammo and components over the next eight years that will blow your mind.Remember, the guns are worthless without the ammo. :wink:

I just went back through all my supplies and found I have a 10000 LR, LP, SR primers and about 5000 LRM so I am in pretty good shape.I think I bough alot of this after the Clinton ordeal.Primers seem to keep about as good as powder.I am not sure why primers seem to be the thing that is in short supply.Of course .223 and .308 brass is scarce too.

Back