Which spotting scope do you recommend & why.

G

I need a spotting scope for antelope hunting. What do you suggest? Which ones have you used and what is your evaluation? Thanksl

Leupold Golden Ring 12-40x60mm. Excellent optics at a reasonable price.

JD338

I have been using the Leupold 12-40X60 HD and the Pentax PF 65 ED for hunting. I also tried out a Minox 62 mm spotter. You have to really go up in price to beat these scopes.

CameralandNY is also running a special on an 80mm Vortex spotter at the $200 price point.
--------------------------------------------------------
Camera Land Special Purchase 80mm Spotting Scope
We just acquired this slamming deal from Vortex.
You love a product with excellent performance. You hate paying the extra cost for a label. Well...recently the factory forgot to attach the label on this Vortex Optics 20-60x80mm spotting scope, and now you will remember the substantial savings on this fantastic deal. The Camera Land Special Purchase spotting scope may be missing the label, but not the performance. This surprisingly compact 80mm scope has all the desired optical features needed to deliver impressive light transmission, color resolution, and edge-to-edge sharpness. Completely protected under the legendary Unconditional VIP Warranty from Vortex Optics.
Specs:
Magnification 20-60x
Objective Lens Diameter 80 mm
Field of View 114-51 feet/1000 yards
Eye Relief 17-14 mm
Close Focus 20 feet
Weight 44 ounces
Weatherproofing Waterproof/Fogproof

Price: $199.99 in your choice of Angled or Straight
-------------------------------------------------------

jim

Thanks for the info. May not get one yet though. Will wait till summer and see. Thanks.

You should really give the Vortex spotting scopes a look! I have the 20-60x60 Nomad and it is awesome. They are very well priced and have great reviews as well.

Check out www.cameralandny.com for some awesome bargains! I've bought from them before and they are very reputable!

I am more concerned with good quallity and durability for many years than I am with the cost .... within reason .......not rich but I hate to buy something for $800 or $1,000, it not work very well and then find something for $1300 ior so that is many times better. I usually keep edquipment like this for life..... so per year cost is more reasonable.

Yes I wear glasses.

Back