Whidden Hydraulic Forming Die

John Whidden is a really smart guy and an incredible shooter. One of the best in the nation. World.

So... watching his video was interesting and entertaining! I like his approach! Sure wouldn't have thought of it myself.

Regards, Guy

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this after you get some time with it.....I've been contemplating a re-barrel on my stock Rem 700 22-250 to a 22-250AI with a fast twist barrel to shoot the 69-80 grain pills, but fire forming was something of a negative in my decision on doing that.

shoots_5":1s3ir5vc said:
I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this after you get some time with it.....I've been contemplating a re-barrel on my stock Rem 700 22-250 to a 22-250AI with a fast twist barrel to shoot the 69-80 grain pills, but fire forming was something of a negative in my decision on doing that.

Yeah, I find it a waste of components and barrel life. I'll report my findings. For $150, if it works as advertised, I could see myself building more wildcats.
Steve

SE, that is very cool right there. I agree with you on the wasting components part of Ackley or other fireforming type solutions. I immediately thought of my Mashburn when I saw this set up. Seems fairly easy as well...

I would be very interested in what you think once you receive the die. Any idea of the turnaround?

Back