Who has handled the Leica Rangefinder?( I ordered one today)

I have to make a decision on a range finder in the next while not what brand because I will only purchase a Leica but whether or not I really need one.
After picking up that scope from Mike, I am sold on the Leica quality & sharpness.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

Had I permitted you to look through my GeoVids, you'd sell everything (even your Whelen) just to own them.

Mike, my Whelen is going to be with me until I go home :wink: both my sons advised me that they will learn to shoot left handed before that rifle leaves the family.
I am just heading downstairs to load up the test bullets for her starting with 59grs of RL-15,then 60grs & then I might test out 61grs.
I love the heat but we need a bit of a break so I can get to the range. Today is not bad but we have about a 50 to 70km wind and at the range it will be a side wind :(
This week I still have to make up the hours on my contract but will know more after a meeting this coming Wednesday.
Besides that I have started in the Cardiac care exercise program at the University here in Regina it is part of the after treatment for patients that have had stints. It is state of the art and I do not want to miss the chance to use it as it is covered by my insurance and I can continue it for a indefinite period of time. :)

Blessings,
Dan

Nevertheless, pick up a Leica RF, and you'll be a happy camper, Dan.

Yes Mike, I believe that I will have one in my pack before the seasons starts. I do like their products they are really top notch :)
I got the test loads done for the Whelen this afternoon.
Will be out to the range this week.
I am going to PM you regarding the seating die and using the Forster press I had a little trouble used the RCBS and everything went smooth :?:

Blessings,
Dan

I have been using the Leupold RXIII the past couple of years. 2 Years ago I had my friends son with me watching a Bull in Colorado and was trying to get a range on it and could not pick up a reading. I had guessed over 400 yards. He had his fathers 30-06. If we were able to get a good reading, I was going to offer for him to shoot my 300. We never could get a reading on him and the bull wound up working his way down the mountain. I have been looking at the Leicas for a bit and have been saving to pick up the 1600B before the fall for this years trip. It will also do double duty for some tactical shooting. Remember buy once, cry once….It will be cheaper in the long run.

Got home yesterday and opened up my new 1600-B. Went upstairs and through an open window range the following distances. The 2nd column is what my Shooter ballistic program says I should use in 1/4 moa clicks. The 3rd column is what the Leica 1600-B says. Pretty close out to 695 yardage. Beyond it seems the error increases the further out. I still plan on using it this weekend for my 24hr Sniper Challenge.

Found one target that was 877 and it would not give a drop calc but the spec instruction manual says 875 yds is the max distance.

Compare Shooter to Leica 1600-B
Curve #3 6.5x47 Lapua, 130 VLD @ 2970 fps. 100 yd zero.
Yards- Shooter clicks- Leica clicks
138 1 0
149 2 1
156 2 1
230 7 6
256 9 8
303 13 11
413 22 22
440 25 24
470 28 27
472 28 28
520 33 33