wife custom sporter Mauser

Apr 14, 2006
here are some pics of the mouser I've been sporterizing for my wife.
7x57 M98 18" military step barrel
Old H&R stock
ATI bolt handle
mauser3.jpg

mauser2.jpg

Mauser1.jpg

Very Very well done and great cal for you wife are anyone to use on deer and such game. I like it. :)

Lookin good there!!!......................18" barrel???? I like it already!!! Easy to carry, is lighter and faster to the target than a full sized rig..... Great rifle for the wife!........ :wink:

The ATI handle and the back side of the action needed some file work but it was a easy install, may not look the best but I like the ball end on the handle it is real easy to work. Shot it today with some 145 speer BT with 49gr IMR 4350 and shot a 3 shot group (my 50 yard get it on paper) and only had two holes????? I can't figure out for the life of me where that third round went???? :grin: I'll post the target pic in the morning. Thanks for the comments, believe me it ain't as pretty as the pics but still looks decent.

Is that a Richards Micro-fit Stock? Very nice lookin rifle! Where'd you find the parts? CL

it is a old h&r stock that I got in a trade. I rasped of much of the rollover, and did a lot of finishing work on it. I hear that micro fir stock are good too I'm going to buy one for my moms 257 and dad and I will build her a nice one this summer.
Here is a pic of the group I shot. I will get more testing done at 100 and 200 once we get some range work done, here in NW Oregon we have had a rough winter.
mausertarget.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I have put allot of work into this rifle. She has not shot it yet but she really likes it. This one turned out so well I'm gunna have ta get one for each of my boys :grin: and maybe one for me too.

Back