Wildcat caliber list - where ?

Bluejay

Beginner
Apr 6, 2006
Hi Gents,
could anyone point me out in the right direction to get the most information on the most "commonly" :wink: available wildcats for hunting purposes ?
I am sure there is some nice website out there...

Thanks a bunch

Cheers
Bluejay :wink:

There are a couple books available covering many wildcats but for information on cases, check with the reamer manufactures.Rick.

Reloadersnest.com is where I get most of my info on wild cats, might be worth a try.

As a cartridge collector, I can tell you that there are as many, if not more, wildcats as there ever were factory and military cartridges.
What are you hunting? How far away will the "game" be? How much work are you willing to do inorder to form your brass? That will make a difference in the "range" of wildcats you'll be looking at.
Mice/gophers you can start with a 22LR case necked down to 14cal, or a 25ACP necked down to 12cal.
On the big end you can straighten out a 50 BMG case and either add a rim or swadge on a belt (12ga from Hell or 700 Hubel Express), or if mongo power is your thing, neck a 20mm Vulcan case down to 50cal (a slightly shortened version of the military 50/60 HV experamental round).
In the middle, the chices are almost endless.

Back