will we ever be able to buy primers again?

sniper1379

Beginner
Jan 2, 2009
dang its been like 4-5 months since i've seen any that were available other than a few at cabelas and they wanted like $6/100!!

I think stores are milking people. I bought primers this past weekend for $23.99. WLR. He did raise powder to $19.60 a lb and 8 lb Imr 7828 and Varget was $143

Remember that all of this has happened before - in the early 90's - and things turned out alright in the end. Diligence and Vigilance.

Elk-Hunter is right ,, when wal-mart here in my town sold all of there ammo and couldnt get more, the one gun shop we have raised his prices
he was'nt paying anymore for it than he had been , but he was the only one that had ammo,, supply and demand ,,
were paying $28.90 for powder here

I picked up 5000 CCI large pistol primers locally not long ago. Same price as normal. Not an unusual purchase for me. They're out there - coming across them is a matter of luck though. This too will pass...

My only concern is whether or not the prices will reach normal levels again.

We went thru this exact same thing when Clinton came into office. It's a matter of panic buying and hoarding. I still have a couple 3 bricks of small pistol primers from that shortage. It will come around in about a year. Buy what and when available but don't be ripped off. Small shops in Idaho and Montana is where I found mine while hunting.
Unless the Obama administration does something extreem things should be normalizing before too long.
The supply is still comming out you just have to reserve it with the suppliers. Several of them have notification options when the item you want come in. That's how I got my Federal primers. Midway, Natchez SS, Midsouth, Grafs and sons etc. And then be quick to buy and don't hesitate or the hoarders will have them. There are a lot of Survivalists out there!
Good Luck
Greg

Back