Winchester XPR

wayno945

Handloader
Jan 29, 2012
Winchester is previewing a new rifle model on their website. Looks like another Ruger American type clone. Anybody heard of this XPR model line?

Looks as if it is heavily influenced by the Browning--detachable magazine, two-position safety, 60 degree bolt throw.

Hard to tell from just the video...but it looks a little more "upscale" than the American and similar "value priced" rifles.

It does look like a push feed, 3 Lug bolt and it looks like it shares the Savage barrel nut method of assembly.

Not much information for shooters yet? What are calibers, specifications, price etc?

I'm guessing this is just a shot show teaser. It's too bad they are focusing on budget rifles. I would rather see them expand their caliber offerings or try to bring back some less popular calibers. It would be great to buy a featherweight 223 or a lever 41 magnum.

wayno945":3budwbvf said:
I'm guessing this is just a shot show teaser. It's too bad they are focusing on budget rifles. I would rather see them expand their caliber offerings or try to bring back some less popular calibers. It would be great to buy a featherweight 223 or a lever 41 magnum.
I feel the same...

wayno945":nmt3pznw said:
I feel the same...

The only Winchester I covert is a Model 70 in various calibers with a left hand action.
If Winchester is coming out with a budget rifle I fear it will lag in sales compared to the Savage and Ruger offerings.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That should read covet.
Darn smart text.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back