WIPE OUT BORE CLEANER

STW

Beginner
Apr 18, 2006
Picked up a can and gave it a try in the STW and 300 RUM, so far I like it anyone else have experience with this stuff?

It is a good product. I don't use it much, primarily because I clean at the range. I keep a can or two around, however, for delayed cleaning jobs and to recommend to others looking for a less labour intensive way to clean. For the person who doesn't spend extended periods at the range on a consistent basis, this product is a real bonus.

I have used it a lot. I really like it. Mike is right though, it does take some time. Over night is fine, or I'll soak a rifle with it while I spend a few hours loading. If you have time, it is really easy, and does a great job. If your in a hurry, it might not be for you.

You can use an accelerator with Wipe Out, but it may not be as effective as waiting.

I love the stuff and use it exclusively with the exception of patch out, which is made by the same company and is faster acting. I like the fact it does not smell of strong chemicals, works extremely well at removing copper and I can just fill the barrel and go off and do what ever while it works it's magic.

Bill

I have used it for a number of years and think it is a great product, until I was recently Dr.Miked :shock:
Now I plan on cleaning while at the range :)
Just waiting for a few more cleaning rods to arrive and then I will be set.

Blessings,
Dan

G'Day Fella's,

Likewise, I have only just started to use Wipe-Out "Patch Out" and I like it!
Here is an image of it and some patches, after they came out of my 6.5 x 47 Lapua barrel.
You can see the patch at left is covered in Black Powder fouling, then just a little bit of Blue Copper fouling, then some more Blue Copper and a hint of Brown Carbon fouling and finally, some more Brown Carbon!
This Lilja 6.5mm barrel has been Run-In correctly, and doesn't copper foul much but you can't avoid the Powder and Carbon fouling!!!

Sure, it takes a little time to work but I'd rather have that, than a ruined barrel from one of the aggressive strong ammonia based solvents!
Just read the manufactures instructions on how to use this product, after all, they make it, so they probably know how to use correctly use it!!!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 3,901
G'Day Fella's,

.257 Ackley, your testing my memory now!
I know that image was taken, when I was running in the 6.5 x 47 barrel!
But it could have 1, 2 or 3 shots???

Doh!
Homer

sask boy":34pgh5k6 said:
I have used it for a number of years and think it is a great product, until I was recently Dr.Miked :shock:
Now I plan on cleaning while at the range :)
Just waiting for a few more cleaning rods to arrive and then I will be set.

Blessings,
Dan

Ok, gotta ask what the DrMike procedure is :)

The good Doc does not wait until he goes home to clean his rifles he cleans them right at the range.
I have taken this up also as I find it is easier:) also use nylon brushes as they are not real expensive & when I use a copper cleaner I know when the barrel is clean. However I still use Wipe Out after a hunting trip :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

What do you use at the range for bore cleaning? I have some BoreTech jags and nylon brushes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I use Butch's Boreshine again I just followed the leader :mrgreen:.
It does a great job on the barrels I have cleaned.

PS. I use Boretech jags & brushes as well. I also picked up Sinclair nylon brushes at a very good price as well.

Blessings,
Dan

I used to use Butches Bore Shine. Good stuff, but when I went through the bottle I didn't feel moved to go get more. It was about like most of the other bore cleaners.

The past few years I've been using the "patch out" version of Wipe Out. It works very well, at the range or back home in the shop.

Regards, Guy

Back