Wood Rifles Don't Shoot

I have 3 wood stocked rifles and the M725 257Roberts will shoot bug holes with it's custom Douglas 26" barrel. T Ruger Tang safety 30-06 with factory barrel will shoot 1/2" or better as will the factory M70 7mmRem. Yes I have two rifles in synthetic stocks but that is because the factory plastic stock wouldn't allow them to perform up to my standards and it was a quick and easy fix rather than bedding a new wood stock to their actions.

Mike as I have stated else where I am sorry to hear of your wife's condition and illness.
My prayers are still offered and will continue tell she is well and recovered.

WinM70_3006_010213_5.jpg

WinM70_3006_010213_4.jpg

30-06M70_180CLs_092515_4shots.jpg

Beautiful rifle. Gotta love those old P64’s.... most of them tend to impress with very little fuss.

longrangehunter":306pafwq said:
Wow Ray..... I love seeing that pre-64 of yours! I haven't seen one that nice in decades!

Thx longrangehunter.

LOL...But its not MINE anymore!

Caught my eye when an older member of our deer lease was slimming down on his rifles.
Its a "carbine" made in 1942.
Made the mistake of showing my new found prize to my wife when I got home.
She wanted to shoot it and then claimed it :(

My GS said to get some 180 gr factory loads and with that steel butt stock she'd give it back.
I couldn't do that, so started her off with a box of 125 gr Rem Managed-Recoil.
I've since developed her a reduced reload using H4895 and a 150 NPT at just over a 30-30 MV.

That target was used for sight-in of several deer rifles - Thus the patches.
I had put that orange dot on it to better aim with the 4X fixed scope.
I had loaded me up a reload - 180 Rem CL over a full load of IMR-4350.
Those are my 4 last shots sighting it in with the 180s.
My GS was right; A 180 full load and that steel butt plate WILL get your attention!

Back