Word on Remington 7600

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
What's the deal with the 7600?
They say it's still in production but...
Remimgton has nothing on their website about it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

If you go to Remington Arms...click on rifles...
The only thing that comes up is bolt action stuff.

Noticed that to a while back. Gotta think it's just that when spooling back up they concentrated on getting the bolt rifles right first and out there at the levels they are shooting for. (no pun intended) The 760/7600 line has always been a good seller since the 760's were introduced in 1952. Be hard to imagine they are not planning on bringing it back, and as long as they are committed to top notch it will be worth the wait. I'm hoping it comes back and in some cartridges they didn't offer often. 260 Remington, 7mm-08, heck even some they did runs on in bolt rifles, like the 6.5x55.

Noticed that to a while back. Gotta think it's just that when spooling back up they concentrated on getting the bolt rifles right first and out there at the levels they are shooting for. (no pun intended) The 760/7600 line has always been a good seller since the 760's were introduced in 1952. Be hard to imagine they are not planning on bringing it back, and as long as they are committed to top notch it will be worth the wait. I'm hoping it comes back and in some cartridges they didn't offer often. 260 Remington, 7mm-08, heck even some they did runs on in bolt rifles, like the 6.5x55.
Well...
I called them after posting. Per some gruff sounding chap they were discontinued in 2019.
But...

If you put 7600 in the search bar on remimgton site....
You get this...
Screenshot_20230425_141304_Chrome.jpg

And then after clicking on 7600...
Screenshot_20230425_141327_Chrome.jpg

So I want to say they don't want to officially say it's discontinued.
Matter of fact once all the BS from Covid that is still going on...supply issues of material, etc...

I can't imagine them not making those again.

Same with the pump and auto rimfires with bdl finishes.

Yes the 35 Whelen would be nice.
Just FYI. I have sent a few emails when the Parts for Remington Autos will be available again as I replace recoil spring when ever it's length is shorter that 14 1/2 inches.
Even though there are aftermarket springs available I just liked OEM part.
They told me they are just trying to get guns on the shelf's right now so parts support is a little ways off.
Yes I think Remington has work to do I just hope they get up to speed fast before the older workers retire.

What's the deal with the 7600?
They say it's still in production but...
Remimgton has nothing on their website about it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

If you go to Remington Arms...click on rifles...
The only thing that comes up is bolt action stuff.
Big Fan of the Rem 760 especially the Deluxe version I prefer the 14 locking lugs of the 760 to the 4 in the 7600 they went cheap.

Big Fan of the Rem 760 especially the Deluxe version I prefer the 14 locking lugs of the 760 to the 4 in the 7600 they went cheap.
Yep...and you can't get either...

At least newly mfg'd

Back