Worrisome News for Reloading

My opinion is that it’s just BS. Prices have been edging down and they don’t like it. Read between the lines on this….”anticipated shortage” (meaning it hasn’t happened yet) “ and thus has increased our prices”. So speculation of something that hasn’t occurred has increased your prices? Funny the way they’re wording it as well. They didn’t say that their costs were increasing. Just that this anticipated shortage has caused them to raise their prices:rolleyes:

Also funny that their price markups are just about the same amount everything has eased off of the recent highs….

Completely predictable. I think if people are expecting any pricing reprieves then they are to be sadly disappointed. I've posted here and other places about why I believe the days of low prices are but a memory and we will only see higher prices. Factors such as the cost of the raw ingredients have steadily risen, energy costs rising, general inflation, cost of borrowings, etc, etc, the list goes on. Then there is the supply and demand and the impact of wars, countries who are now utilising reserve munition stocks etc that need rebuilding etc. I wouldn't be surprised if over the next twelve months you don't see another one or two of these letters, sadly.

Most people do not realize that the majority of industries regularly see an annual increase in costs for goods, materials, and labour.
In working in procurement of same for a number of years now as part of my job, the average is usually in the 5-10% range.
Although we have experienced hikes o as high as 30% in insurance in some recent years! The price of fuel is another, just over a year ago, the local price of fuel doubled within a few short months.
In comparison, the numbers in the letter are within the norm and not unexpected...regardless of whether we like them or not.

Let's be glad that they aren't charging what some people were asking for primers! ($1000/brick here in Canada!)
I know I'm glad to hear that Federal 210 primers are showing up in some stores again for $89/brick!

Most people do not realize that the majority of industries regularly see an annual increase in costs for goods, materials, and labour.
In working in procurement of same for a number of years now as part of my job, the average is usually in the 5-10% range.
Although we have experienced hikes o as high as 30% in insurance in some recent years! The price of fuel is another, just over a year ago, the local price of fuel doubled within a few short months.
In comparison, the numbers in the letter are within the norm and not unexpected...regardless of whether we like them or not.

Let's be glad that they aren't charging what some people were asking for primers! ($1000/brick here in Canada!)
I know I'm glad to hear that Federal 210 primers are showing up in some stores again for $89/brick!
Wow that's only AUD$99/brick, that's extremely cheap. We are about twice that price here

You still vote with your wallet …. I buy less these days and only if I see a fair price.

Let the “crap” sit on their shelves and they ll re-adjust pricing….. if not cause they re that stubborn, lacking business savvy, etc they ll just run their business into the ground. JMHO

You still vote with your wallet …. I buy less these days and only if I see a fair price.

Let the “crap” sit on their shelves and they ll re-adjust pricing….. if not cause they re that stubborn, lacking business savvy, etc they ll just run their business into the ground. JMHO
True, Also hoarding contributes to higher prices as well.

Back