You guys were right. 30-06, H4350, and 165 Accubond

JohnB

Beginner
Feb 5, 2011
I've been reading your posts about the 30-06 and decided to try H4350 and the 165 AccuBond. I have been using 168 Ballistic Tips and IMR 4064. That load has accounted for 3 bucks over the past couple of years, and still works great. I am always exploring other options, its just my nature. Glad I tried this one. Velocity was 2917 feet/sec.

JohnB

30-06165Accubond_zps980bf2ef.jpg.html

John,

Sounds like a solid load.
Nicely done.

JD338

YUP That is what I use. 58 gr but with the PT!

That is excellent performance. I would certainly be pleased with that grouping.

Thanks Fotis and Dr. Mike. I am glad I tried this load. The local whitetail population is in trouble.

JohnB

John,

That is indeed a nice group.
Confirm your zero and sharpen your knife. :grin:

JD338

That is excellent shooting. It cannot all be just the rifle and the load! :lol: The guy behind the wheel has to take some credit for that. Are you liking that Cooper? They are made about 30 miles away from my door.
David

David

Yes, I have been very happy with the Cooper. They paid a lot of attention to details. I like the short bolt throw with the 3-lug bolt, and the action operates smoothly. As you can see it lives up to their accuracy guarantee as well.

JohnB

Good stuff John!

H4350, and a good 165 gr bullet are a favorite combo, my standard load, for the .30-06 cartridge. My old rifle doesn't generate the velocity you're getting though! Am at about 2750 fps...

Guy

1/2 moa don't suprise me one bit. You have a winning deer load for sure. At least as far as I care to hunt with.

Guy Miner":1iz4pjzg said:
Good stuff John!

H4350, and a good 165 gr bullet are a favorite combo, my standard load, for the .30-06 cartridge. My old rifle doesn't generate the velocity you're getting though! Am at about 2750 fps...

Guy

This sounds like great advise. I am switching my 30-06 powder from IMR4350 to H4350. I completely hooked to the Nosler 180gr part. prot.pt's I have a modified stock on my Winchester mod 70 so the recoil tends to deform the next round's tip in the magazine. Here in BC I am after game from deer, elk, moose, black bear and we do run into grizzly bears. Need some stopping power.
:)

nosler06":24c4wgo3 said:
Guy Miner":24c4wgo3 said:
Good stuff John!

Guy

This sounds like great advise. I am switching my 30-06 powder from IMR4350 to H4350. I completely hooked to the Nosler 180gr part. prot.pt's I have a modified stock on my Winchester mod 70 so the recoil tends to deform the next round's tip in the magazine. Here in BC I am after game from deer, elk, moose, black bear and we do run into grizzly bears. Need some stopping power.
:)

That is about as good a combo as there is, for just about everything. Most of us would never admit it, but a 180 PT and a 30-06 would do everything for us... Don't ever repeat it though, never know when a wife is going to read this!

Clearly Scotty has hit his head. Or been abducted by aliens and his substitute is out here making rash comments not based in the truth!

Back