Your first

Mine was stolen....it was an old ragged but very accurate Winchester 22 single shot...not sure of the model.

It was given to me by my uncle...he have me anther to replace it...a 1950-60's model Remington 552 Speedmaster that I do still have.

My SMLE and my shotgun were stolen by my landlord who told my dad that I owed him money when in fact I had rent coming back to me that was stolen along with my property. My dad did not back me up as usual! My dad assumed I had run out on the rent as he would have done!

My first rifle was a M94 Winchester on .30-30. That was in 1983. Sold it in 1988. Wish I could find it again...:)

My first rifle a 721 Rem, is now a 35 Whelen. Dad bought it for $65 in 1958. The mounts on it now probably cost about that. I also still have my first Rem, 22 bolt rifle.

First rifle was a Rem Nylon 12 .22. Same year got an H & R single shot .410. I think I was 8 or 9. Got a Remington 1100 20ga followed by a Winchester 94 30-30 when I was 11. Dad gave me a Remington 700 ADL .243 win when I was 13. I still have all of these firearms. I won't part with any of them until one of grandsons decides he wants it. Contrary to modern trends, only the H & R was a youth sized gun. It was called a "Topper". But upon reflection I left out my first firearm. My grandpa left me a Walther P-38 that his brother brought back from WWII. My grandpa passed when I was four years old and I didn't know about the pistol until I was 10 years old. Dad just kept it up in the closet for years. My great uncle was in the 82nd airborne and picked up the pistol somewhere in Europe. It is my most prized firearm.

First rifle was a Rem Nylon 12 .22. Same year got an H & R single shot .410. I think I was 8 or 9. Got a Remington 1100 20ga followed by a Winchester 94 30-30 when I was 11. Dad gave me a Remington 700 ADL .243 win when I was 13. I still have all of these firearms. I won't part with any of them until one of grandsons decides he wants it. Contrary to modern trends, only the H & R was a youth sized gun. It was called a "Topper". But upon reflection I left out my first firearm. My grandpa left me a Walther P-38 that his brother brought back from WWII. My grandpa passed when I was four years old and I didn't know about the pistol until I was 10 years old. Dad just kept it up in the closet for years. My great uncle was in the 82nd airborne and picked up the pistol somewhere in Europe. It is my most prized firearm.

I actually have none of my first 5 firearms. Chinese SKS, Universal M1Carb, Phoenix Arms HP22, Savage/Springfield 67 12ga, and a HiPoint 9mm. Only one I regret parting with... the SKS which paid $109 for 1993. Even so I traded it for nicely sporterized 98 in 300WM back when SKSs weren't given a second look. That 98 was eventually traded for a XD40. I can't complain about how it all turned out, but I still do miss that rifle sometimes.

savage fox .410 model B SXS still have it and still use it for upland birds, My dad gave me that 30 years ago. Rifle winchester model 62 pump, still have it also. These are the only guns i wont sell, the rest are just tools designed for different tasks. PS, sold the AIAW this week, have another build started will keep you posted.

Yes, still have them all.
My birthday is in December. For Christmas in 1962 dad bought me a Belgian Browning A5 light 20.
I was 12 days old.
I didn't shoot that gun until I was 9 but after that it was the only shotgun I shot until I turned 17.
Still duck hunt with it from time to time.

When I was 8 dad gave me an Interarms MK X 30-06.
Killed my one and only elk with that rifle in 82 and have killed a pile of deer with it since.
I shot prairie dogs with it too because it was the only rifle I had when I was in the Army.

For my 18th birthday I bought myself a 6 inch nickel Colt Python.
Over the course of the following 5 years I probably shot 10k rounds out of it.
Have not shot it in ten years now though.

As a high school graduation present dad got me a S&W K frame .22
Probably had more rounds run through it than any other gun I own.

All of them are still locked in the safe.
They aren't going anywhere.
Lots of memories of days with my dad associated with all of them.

My first firearm was a Winchester 47, given to me when I was seven years old by an uncle who was like a brother to me, and stolen from me by his older brother---my other uncle who is a PRICK while I was away in the Navy. I did manage to get the original 47 back, at least the barreled action and stock (it's a long, long complicated story). I used it to resurrect my first gun using another bolt, trigger, and a few other parts. I gave the rifle to my great nephew---my namesake---for his ninth birthday a few years ago.

My first was a H&R 12 gauge single shot, with a 32" Full choked barrel. Used it for turkeys and small game. Still have the old single.

My first rifle was a Marlin 22WMR. Still have that as well, still shoots well. Should put a new scope on the old rifle and shoot it more.

My first centerfire rifle was a Model 70 XTR Magnum in 7mm Rem Mag. Killed alot of deer, a moose, caribou and a bunch of woodchucks and coyotes with it. It is the rifle I used to cut my teeth on reloading with and I still own that rifle. Still shoots pretty well too..

Back