Zeiss HD5 3-15x42 info and questions

Oldtrader3":2an5j26j said:
The glass for the HD5 is Y* (Tessar) glass made in Germany. It is the same glass used in most of the $1500-$2500 Zeiss scopes. My HD5 glass is better than the latest Conquest that I bought last summer. Quite a bit better, in fact!

I noticed the quality of the glass too.
Zeiss has a winner with the HD5. I have two of them now.

Vince":39vjxd53 said:
Oldtrader3":39vjxd53 said:
The glass for the HD5 is Y* (Tessar) glass made in Germany. It is the same glass used in most of the $1500-$2500 Zeiss scopes. My HD5 glass is better than the latest Conquest that I bought last summer. Quite a bit better, in fact!

I have looked through a few and really like them but they dropped the ball not offering a #4!!!

nvbroncrider":gzb7v7dq said:
Vince":gzb7v7dq said:
Oldtrader3":gzb7v7dq said:
The glass for the HD5 is T* (Tessar) glass made in Germany. It is the same glass used in most of the $1500-$2500 Zeiss scopes. My HD5 glass is better than the latest Conquest that I bought last summer. Quite a bit better, in fact!

I have looked through a few and really like them but they dropped the ball not offering a #4!!!

I like the reticle in my HD5 scope. I also like the #4 Zeiss but have no trouble using the Zeiss HD5 reticles.

Glad they swapped it out for ya and I was reading an article that I should have already known about on glass and they mentioned to clean glass use demineralized water only and I guess just that and a lens brush after all the dirt is gone and that little suction cup on the other end ! They said other cleaners can mess up your coating's and also cause a etch I suppose if not kept covered? :mrgreen:

I do my VERY best to NEVER touch the lenses of my scopes with anything...

I use an air hose, from a safe distance, and regulated pressure....and just give them a wind wash...I have gotten oil on lenses a couple of times over the years and had to resort to more drastic measures, but I'm pretty careful about it these days.

When that happens...I have a kit for cleaning camera lenses, expensive camera lenses...bought it the first time I got oil on lenses, that was a $600 Leupold.

Back