Zeiss Scopes

Handloader
May 30, 2009
I have a couple .They are clear, but the eye relief is lacking.
I have a 6X on a Colt Sauer .300 win mag.That gun is unreal.Three different people took one shot of the bench and the group was MOA
I also have a 4X on a Sako Safari grade .338win.It is beautiful,shoots great too.Just wondered if anyone else had Zeiss scopes.

Two Diavaris and five Conquests.

Also two Kahles, one Swarovski, two B & L 3200s, and six Leupolds.

Yeah, I like Zeiss. I find them to be great scopes. I also have a pair of Zeis binos.

I bought my Zeiss scopes and Binos back in the mid 80's when the exchange rate was good.I got them for about half what they cost now.

I have
1 Leupold (gave it away)
1 Swaro 30 MM
2 Swar0 1 inch
1 zeiss 1 inch
1 new Zeiss 30mm Best scope i ever owned! ballistic reticle RS-800
1 Kahles 30mm
1 Zeiss Conquest (big disappointment)

The best is the Ziess 30mm, then the swaro 30mm, then swaro 1 inch and ziess 1 inch *tied*, then the kahles, then the conquest, then the leupold.

I did a test in a valley with cattle and horse out to about 1.5 miles away. All worked well until sunset, then the leupold was not too good. the rest for another 20 minutes, and the 30mms started to shine, but not the kahles... At 1 hour after dark, I could still see the cattle, horses in the pasture with the swaroi, but I spotted a coyote with the Ziess. I could not find it in the other scopes. The moon was crescent, night clear... I swear that I could have shot the ziess all night long, with it being just better than the 30 mm swaro. Great coatings, glass, and reticle!!!
Hardpan

I have a Swarovski 6X on my Steyr Professional rifle.It is an excellent scope.

Hardpan, agree with you completely on the Zeiss. I've got 6 Leupolds, a Burris, a Kahles, a nikon and as of last year purchased a Zeiss VMV 30MM in 1.5X6. I can look through that scope after dark and see things that I can't with any of my other scopes. I've got a pair of Leica Trinovid 10x42 binoculars that will pick up animals or objects when the others won't. The Zeiss scope is the sharpest glass I've ever looked through.

I have all the best except Shmidt and Bender and Kahles. I like the light weight and clarity of Zeiss. Swarovski is excellent but a little heavy.

Back