Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:46 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Very disappointed in Vx5 3-15x44
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 pm 

FOTIS wrote:
I currently have a couple of VX 3 which I will be testing their CDs dials soon. Very curious

It’s usually a false sense of security in my case. They work just long enough for me to think they’re good and when they start to slip it makes me think it’s something else before I yank the scope and realize I was just getting juiced.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:29 am 

Gee all the love for Luepold. I can remember when it was blasphemy to say a bad word about them.
I have owned 3 and only have one left which I will never get rid of but then it's a VXIII 1.5-5 and probably one of the best ones they ever made.
Scotty got my 2.5-8X36 and I left my VX3i 2.5-10X40 wind plex go with the Hakweye M77 338 Win Mag.
I tend to favor different brands and always thought they were over priced.

Funny thing about twisting knobs which is something I haven't got into but have started using a mill dot style scope which I don't dial and dope the dots and have learned to use the side focus or objective focus type to range with.
Shooting Air rifles have taught me as much about ranging as any style gun I own along with a large wheel with tape range markings.
If you want to kill a scope put one on a spring powered air rifle. There are some made and rated for them but there is also alternative mounts that absorb the recoil and vibration that kills them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:48 am 

You’d love the SS SWFA 6-10-12 on your air rifle TD. Parallax adjustment for 5 meters through infinity, dead nuts adjustments and if you can blow one up I’ll drive to MD and buy all the crab we can eat. Their MQ is second to no one in my opinion. Blows the doors off a regular MilDot, in my opinion.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:28 am 

SJB358 wrote:
You’d love the SS SWFA 6-10-12 on your air rifle TD. Parallax adjustment for 5 meters through infinity, dead nuts adjustments and if you can blow one up I’ll drive to MD and buy all the crab we can eat. Their MQ is second to no one in my opinion. Blows the doors off a regular MilDot, in my opinion.

There are quite a few air gun competitors who use the SS SWFA 10-12 and 16 for field target matches which will challenge any long range hunter.
I just need to justify the cost but would love to have one on my Diana 54 .177.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:24 pm 

Keep an eye open around major holidays. They can be had for around 220 dollars or so.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page Previous  1, 2