Evening Meal

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
The wife was out visiting here sisters so I was left to fare for my own dinner tonight and whipped up a casserole.
1lb of 90% lean ground Black Angus browned, Worcestershire sauce pored on meat while browning,1 medium green bell pepper sliced, 1 medium sweet onion sliced, one can of whole plum tomatoes cores removed and chopped, tomato juice just enough to cover mixture, 1oz apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper to taste along with celery seed and sweet basil 2 cups of bow tie pasta, Tabasco to taste, fixed in a large skillet. Pasta is cooked half done and then added to mixture to simmer . Apple cider vinegar brakes up the acidic taste of the tomatoes. Feeds about 6 people one serving each.

Attachments

• KIMG0151.jpeg
    KIMG0151.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,188
Elkman":2f5rsqtb said:
That looks lovely, elk burger would be better for you (y) (y)
Yup but you got to use what you got :grin: . You can substitute just about any red meat and it doesn't have to be ground, tenderloin works great also. (y)

Looks delicious Roger, I have some ground meat and I think it would work very well for me. I cook frequently for myself, always looking for ways to refine my humble culinary skills.

Thanks for sharing... Rol

Your welcome Rol. That apple cider vinegar also breaks down the fat in the meat and makes it easier to digest. I use it a lot when I cook.

Rodger that looks very tasty :wink: my wife made Elk burger meat balls with mashed potatoes & sweet nibblets corn tonight for supper.

Blessings,
Dan

I really do envy you guys who can keep a good supply of wild meat on hand for cooking and eating. When I was growing up I was fortunate enough to have plenty of game to hunt and practically lived off the land helping to supply meat for the family along side my father while my brothers were working on doing other things. Even feed my family off my guns and fishing rods.
No till farming has killed off the game birds and housing developments, urban sprawl, has ruined most of the good hunting areas. Well time to stop whining and accept progress.

Nothing wrong with beef, Rodger; and that's a mighty fine looking meal. Wild game is a delight, but you are correct that there are many people who never have opportunity to know what it is to eat game.

Thanks DrMike , My doctor told me years ago to cut back on my fatty meat intake and I just love beef. So I found a local butcher shop that started out as a farmer looking for a place to sell his animals and get a quality price for it and opened up his own shop. He specialized in growing angus which has the lowest fat content of any beef and I became one of his customers many years ago.
My daughters inlaws were totally appalled when they came to my house for a repast after the wedding rehearsal and saw my animal mounts on the walls. One even stated he is one of those. My return comment was yes and I will be eating well when you are starving. :mrgreen:

Back